Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E09: Stars & Stripes

• Start Topic

(edited)

Synopsis:

The BAU continues to assemble the pieces connecting Gold Star victims to Aida Limited.

Jade and Dana follow Voit’s breadcrumbs to the heart of the conspiracy.

A search warrant execution by the BAU has deadly consequences.

Air Date: July 25, 2024

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 1

The BAU follows the money trail deep enough this time, it leads them to Aida Limited and the Gold Star’s puppet master - Frank Church.

“I’m irresistible when being this brilliant.”

- Penelope obnoxious Garcia

🤮🤮🤮

Jade has started to doubt the basis of her Gold Star programming. When she starts talking to Mila (the new Jade), she realizes that Frank Church is their abuser. Jade’s whole arc including her (possible) gruesome end comes full circle. Despite being an abused victim herself, Jade is still irredeemable. She is a cold-blooded killer. What she did to that state trooper is far from mercy, keeps him alive to deliver her “coming home” message to the FBI. Now that traumatized man has to live in his own nightmare. It’s cruel.

Dana has promised Jade to find GS5 - Peter. Considering what happens to Dana when she starts asking question, Peter is either a loyal minion to Frank Church or he’s long gone.

Voit’s kill kit has led Jade and Dana to an underground bunker full of dirt on the BAU, connecting them to the conspiracy. I feel like this discovery isn’t as impactful as the showrunner wants it to be.

Voit has been transferred to a minimum security prison where he serves a lighter sentence and has greater chance of escaping. Having a prison break arc in S17 finale would be too cliché.

According to Rebecca, Director Madison isn’t compromised, he has been trying to protect the BAU all along. The investigation on Gold Star will confirm the existence of White Paper and its connection to the FBI/BAU. With Frank Church having friends in high places, the BAU cannot afford to make mistakes in taking him down.

At this point, am already exhausted with anything Gold Star. Wrap it up already!!!

I can't get on board with this "empathy for the enucleator" story line.   Maybe I'm weird, but once you start gouging out people's eyes, my compassion evaporates.

This show is awful.   I'm hate-watching at this point.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

The only interesting thing was seeing Tuc Watkins, a personal favorite, play a truly evil person. 

The dialogue is excruciating. The writers seem to think making a plot convoluted will make it interesting. Sadly, no.

(edited)
14 hours ago, tessabq said:

The only interesting thing was seeing Tuc Watkins, a personal favorite, play a truly evil person. 

The dialogue is excruciating. The writers seem to think making a plot convoluted will make it interesting. Sadly, no.

A paired down storyline about Gold Star (the program that only two people knew about but actually everyone but the BAU does) without all the conspiracy theory/neighbor Brian/JJ dark web fakes etc. could have been interesting. Voit's involvement is too convoluted as well. I have been so confused these last two seasons. They really don't know how to write a long-form series. 

What's frustrating is that there have been interesting elements, they just do not know how to tie them together.

Edited by jackjill89
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

I feel like this season veered off into something completely different.  The Stuart House storyline, training troubled kids into "gold stars" and the cult leader being the unsub would have been a good storyline for the next season.  I really don't know how Voit is tied into all of that and why he would know so much about it...unless he was one of the Stuart House victims.  And why is he going to a minimum security prison for only a few years? He's a serial killer!   I still don't understand who Tyler is and what he brings to the table except to create unnecessary Garcia drama.  Also, why is JJ basically a background character?  She's barely been in the last couple of eps.  I think MGG made the right choice about not returning.

On 7/29/2024 at 4:16 PM, Chaos Theory said:

I am enjoying Felicity Huffman though.

Yeah, I'm liking her character and her interaction with the team thus far. I do agree, though, that there's a lot of aspects of this case that are interesting on their own, but the whole thing has kind of wandered off into the weeds in a lot of ways. I think I have the basic idea of what's going on, but I'm not entirely sure if I have the sequence and puzzle pieces all correct. 

I'm guessing we'll get more explanation into Voight's connection to all of this in the season finale, though. 

I also think the balance between the team and the criminals/victims feels kind of lopsided lately. Yes, the show's always explored the criminals and their backstory on some level, but lately it seems like there's a lot more of them than the team. 

Anywho, will be interesting to see how this season wraps up. Or what they potentially leave open-ended.