Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Failed Experiment

• Start Topic

July 17, 2024

The crew must decide the best way forward with or without help from their nemesis, Evelyn Maddox.

Smell ya later Cat.

The writing certainly didn't improve from Season 1 -- it's still ridiculous.

Evelyn was all over the place -- she's sending over a rescue party, then she's evil, but she's friends with Garnet, then she's evil again.

Now Kelly has superblood, and Angus has got it too after the transfusion. And Kelly has a bomb in her head.

But Ark 1 has some new characters on board -- at least 1 has to be lying and is still loyal to Evelyn.

• Like 1
(edited)

I like Garnet, Lane, Brice, Alicia and Felix. I've always been fond of the 'found family' concept. I found Alicia annoying at the beginning but she's grown on me. I also like that they ended up back on Ark 1 by the end of the episode.

I found a smiling, trying to be nice Evelyn Maddox scarier than anything her daughter did last season.

There was really no suspense in terms of whether or not Angus would survive. You always have to have your smart but awkward young guy on a sci-fi show.

I'm not surprised that Cat was killed off. She really had no role left after S1. Also, the actress playing her, Christina Wolfe, joined the cast of FBI: International as a series regular (news article).

I wish they had also gotten rid of William Trust and Kelly. They'll probably get rid of Trust after he has some confrontation with Maddox. However, we're probably stuck with Kelly for as long as this series runs because the actress playing her, Samantha Glassner, is the showrunner's daughter - especially now that Kelly apparently has special blood. I'm guessing that she'll have a big redemption arc or her blood will end up saving them all on whichever planet they land on. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up a regular cast member if the series is renewed for S3.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

Aw, I’ll miss Cat, she was funny. She managed to be funny even as she was dying. So who gets her room?

This show is ridiculous but it’s never boring. That’s all I’m really looking for in a show: to be entertained.

• Like 2

SYFY has posted this entire episode on YouTube...

FULL EPISODE | A Risky Rescue Mission | The Ark (S2 E1) | SYFY
SYFY   Jul 18, 2024

• Thanks 2
(edited)

New character introduced in this episode:
Kimi Joma - played by Díana Bermudez

Also, now that Dr. Marsh (played by Jadran Malkovich) has joined Ark 1, he'll likely get more screen time this season.

Other minor characters from S1 who showed up in this episode:
Naomi Spencer - played by Jessica Yemi
Sasha Novak - played by Miloš Cvetković
Jelena Griff - played by Tamara Radovanovic

Edited by tv echo
On 7/18/2024 at 7:44 AM, tv echo said:

I'm not surprised that Cat was killed off. She really had no role left after S1. Also, the actress playing her, Christina Wolfe, joined the cast of FBI: International as a series regular (news article).

I watch both of these shows and didn't even realize it was the same actress. lol

I will miss Cat, she made me laugh and it felt like she had a unique perspective. Everyone else is all "save everyone" and Cat was more about self preservation.

I had completely forgotten who Ava was. Brice was talking about her and I remembered him sleeping with someone, but truly could not remember anything about her until almost the end of the episode when I remembered her storyline.

New characters seem interesting. I wonder how long until we run into Evelyn's ark again and they all fight and doubt loyalties.

• Like 1

I love how the bridge of Ark 15 has a couch. Maddox may be a megalomaniac, but she’s really on top of her comfort game.

• LOL 1