Type keyword(s) to search

S2.E6: Deserted Friendships

• Start Topic

(edited)

Sara prepares for Akin's departure and the couple defines their relationship; Caroline Stanbury struggles to balance her kids' needs with Sergio's; Caroline Brooks hosts her son's birthday, but some of the ladies are absent.

Bravo synopsis.

First aired on 7/9/2024

Edited by ZettaK

The scene with Caroline Stansbury and her daughter at the restaurant broke my heart. I hadn’t realized that the daughter’s father moved out just two weeks before Sergio moved in! Sadly, I don’t think her daughter feels very loved. 
Even Sergio’s mother sees the writing on the wall re: the baby. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

The scene with Caroline Stansbury and her daughter at the restaurant broke my heart. I hadn’t realized that the daughter’s father moved out just two weeks before Sergio moved in! Sadly, I don’t think her daughter feels very loved. 
Even Sergio’s mother sees the writing on the wall re: the baby. 

I thought I was the only one who didn't know the time line re Sergio and ex husband.

Her daughter really was hurt, told her mother how she felt and not once did Caroline get out of her seat to hug her daughter, I found that to be very cold.

Sergio's mother is a sharp cookie, she spent about an hour with Caroline and could tell that Caroline was never going to have that baby.  Was that incredibly beautiful girl at the table Sergio's sister? She is gorgeous, like a young Brooke Shields or Jennifer Connolly.

Taleen being pissed about her friends that did not reach out to her about her beloved dog passing away, I feel like she had a right to be pissed that people ignored her text, it is gut wrenching to lose a pet, I had to put my first pet ever, (the Cornish Rex in my photo), I was in my late 40's at the time, I don't think I cried that hard about losing a person.

The Glass House is a nail salon, pseudo spa? I am sure there are quite a few places like that in that area, what makes hers stand out? 

Sara and Akin, I have seen more chemistry between the Panda's at the Washington Zoo during mating season.  No way they will be riding in to the sunset together, the kid got attached most likely because Akin paid attention to him, Sara should take note.

I want to know what was in the goody bags at that 11 year olds birthday party. Why wouldn't the cost of the party be split? I know I'd be asking for half, why shoot yourself in the foot financially? Honestly it did not look like an expensive party, it was on a public beach, no grand tablescapes or pavilion festooned with silk from a silk farm owned by a king, etc...

• Like 5

I usually like Caroline Stanbury’s scenes but I felt bad for Yasmine. It must have been quite uncomfortable to have a new man move in right after your father left and during the stress of lockdown. Plus Sergio is closer in age to Yasmine and quite childish himself. Sergio needs to shut up about having a baby. Carolines age and lack of interest in the children she does have should be a clue that this might not be a great idea. Does Sergio plan to care for the child while Caroline is out all the time? Will he turn the baby over to a nanny? I was also put off by his explanation of needing descendants. For what? All he’s done is marry a wealthy woman and whine constantly.

Sara and the fake boyfriend talking about being exclusive even though they don’t have a romantic relationship was a waste of time. I think they should have gotten rid of her and kept Nina or cast her friend Saba. Sara seems full of shit. 

Didn’t Caroline Brooks admit in season one that her ex husband funded her salon? One look at that guy and you know she wasn’t with him out of pure love or lust. Yes she’s a single mom but she seems to have a lot of advantages that most do not. 

I like Taleen but she’s ramping up her game already by having a forced feud with Brooks over her trash talk.  I did laugh at her telling her child she didn’t have to go to school after the briefest protest. I like her husband too.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

We have learned from this episode that Caroline Stanbury is very selfish, having Sergio move in quickly without talking about it to her kids, getting them used to having him around for brief periods, easing in to the situation, etc...I know it was the height of Covid but maybe for the greater good she could have waited till travel was possible. Plus Sergio insisting she have a baby and her not flat out saying no, not interested, move on is leading him on instead of being honest with him knowing there is a possibility of him leaving her.

I think they had his parents visit so quickly after moving in was because of filming schedules.

Chanel Ayan is rarely showing us high fashion, she is showing us costumes and they are getting ridiculous, that last talking head outfit was nuts, the lion heads made it seem like a costume from the Lion King or Coming to America, lol.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 6
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Chanel's over the top deezines are detracting from her natural beauty.

She has definitely pole vaulted over the line separating couture from costumes.

Edited by Palimelon
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
44 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Chanel Ayan is rarely showing us high fashion, she is showing us costumes and they are getting ridiculous, that last talking head outfit was nuts, the lion heads made it seem like a costume from the Lion King or Coming to America, lol.

Costume is the perfect word for what Chanel Ayan wears. She is such a striking woman, she doesn’t need all that. 
Lesa ‘s talking heads are also costumes. She went from the cones on her boobs to what looked like a huge birds wing on each shoulder.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Chanels gone costume,for sure, but I dont hate it? Its more interesting than the endless run of classy and sensible whites, blacks, and creams.  She doesnt need the theater wear, but I like seeing what she'll wear next. It honestly doesn't come across as try hard or unnatural as it does on Lisa.  In her talking heads, Lisa always looks so uncomfortable and ready to spill everywhere. She's a beautiful woman though, prettier than Chanel IMO.

Stansbury is one cold momma, but I'd much rather hang out with her and Talene than Brooks and Sara. They always seem sour about something, whereas the former know how to have some laughs.  Brooks, she's one of those friends you have to diligently walk on eggshells around because they take notes on everything you say, only to cherry pick and use things out of context when they feel like it. And Sara just has no chill.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Its more interesting than the endless run of classy and sensible whites, blacks, and creams. 

There is a middle ground that can be worn.

• Like 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I hadn’t realized that the daughter’s father moved out just two weeks before Sergio moved in! 

7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought I was the only one who didn't know the time line re Sergio and ex husband.

I had no idea either! But now I feel like this relationship finally makes sense to me. A lot of people made big changes [buying homes, getting pets, moving in with gf/bfs] in their life during the pandemic. And quite a few of those people came to regret it. 

I am very curious about the overlap in partners. How long were she and Sergio together before her husband moved out?

I feel terrible for her daughter. Divorce, COVID and Sergio feels like a triple whammy.

Edited by KristenR
  • Like 7
15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Her daughter really was hurt, told her mother how she felt and not once did Caroline get out of her seat to hug her daughter, I found that to be very cold.

Sergio's mother is a sharp cookie, she spent about an hour with Caroline and could tell that Caroline was never going to have that baby.  Was that incredibly beautiful girl at the table Sergio's sister? She is gorgeous, like a young Brooke Shields or Jennifer Connolly.

Taleen being pissed about her friends that did not reach out to her about her beloved dog passing away, I feel like she had a right to be pissed that people ignored her text, it is gut wrenching to lose a pet, I had to put my first pet ever, (the Cornish Rex in my photo), I was in my late 40's at the time, I don't think I cried that hard about losing a person.

The Glass House is a nail salon, pseudo spa? I am sure there are quite a few places like that in that area, what makes hers stand out? 

Sara and Akin, I have seen more chemistry between the Panda's at the Washington Zoo during mating season.  No way they will be riding in to the sunset together, the kid got attached most likely because Akin paid attention to him, Sara should take note.

I want to know what was in the goody bags at that 11 year olds birthday party. Why wouldn't the cost of the party be split? I know I'd be asking for half, why shoot yourself in the foot financially? Honestly it did not look like an expensive party, it was on a public beach, no grand tablescapes or pavilion festooned with silk from a silk farm owned by a king, etc...

I knew this was your post @Baltimore Betty! Pandas at the zoo😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

There is a middle ground that can be worn.

"Can be," but she apparently she doesn't want to. 

I like Ayan's outfits in terms of visual interest. This show is just generally so boring -- these people, this place, the houses, the get-togethers -- that I look forward to seeing what's she's put together to show up in. It amuses me that she's seemingly having a good time going wildly over the top wardrobe-wise  for her surroundings and activities. 

I have no idea why Dubai doesn't grab me, but I keep trying -- and I don't know why about that either; why do I think I have to keep going if I don't like it? I did it with RHoNY too!

EDIT: I edited because I must have accidentally deleted something while I was still typing earlier; half of this post made no sense!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 4

I felt bad for Yasmine as well. She mentioned fighting with Sergio, I wonder how often that happens? I can't imagine your father moving out and a week later, your mom's boytoy moves in.

I like that Taleen is trying to get to know the women on her own terms and not with Brooks in her ear. Brooks is ugh. I'd much rather have a drunk night out with Stanbury and Taleen and Taleen's sister 

• Like 9
(edited)

Caroline Stanbury is not mother of the year. Not even close. She probably had kids because it was expected of her, and her husband wanted it. She is also a cold woman. She doesn't seem to be interested in having kids with Sergio, and Sergio is aware of it, because he said he would take care of the baby. 

Sergio's family appears to be nice.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 7/10/2024 at 2:50 PM, KristenR said:

I am very curious about the overlap in partners. How long were she and Sergio together before her husband moved out?

I would bet that she was done with the marriage long before it officially ended, most people I know who have gone through a divorce wish they would have done it years earlier (myself included).

On 7/11/2024 at 8:06 AM, TattleTeeny said:

"Can be," but she apparently she doesn't want to.

I love Ayan and her outfits, costumes, whatever.

On 7/10/2024 at 11:48 AM, Pi237 said:

Stansbury is one cold momma, but I'd much rather hang out with her and Talene than Brooks and Sara.

Absolutely! Sara doesn't seem very genuine. I think that I'd rather see Lisa Rinna on my tv than Brooks. That's how much I can't stand Brooks. Congrats, Brooks, I can't believe you've unseated Rinna.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5