Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E21: Ray Kurzweil, Chris Matthew’s, Tulsi Gabbard

• Start Topic

Ray Kurzweil….WTF?

Chris Matthews came across a bad as Biden on his debate.

Tulsi was the only voice of reason, but Bill kept shutting her down. I thought she came across composed, sensible, and right on point.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Ray Kurzweil really sounded like a loon. Why was he on?  He was not tied to a book promotion.

The book he and Bill were showing was released last week.

• Thanks 1

It was not a good show.

All that Tulsi Gabbard did was sound like she wanted to be Trump's running mate the way she deflected almost every question and changed it into a MAGA talking point rather than answering the question asked, either that or his next side piece. It was 100% her audition for one or the other, no wonder Bill had to keep cutting her off, she was incapable of giving a straight answer. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Gabbard was another in an ever-growing list of right wingers who go on this show to spout their talking points, and bask in the glow of being considered 'brave' to go on a 'liberal' show. I don't know why Bill keeps inviting these people on, but he does. It's never fun to watch. All Gabbard did was deflect, and sit there with a dumb look on her face when Bill tried in the least to call her out. 

• Like 6
(edited)

Thank goodness Bill shut Tulsi Gabbard down and made her look incoherent. Her smiling blank face does her no favors.

Edited by Kenz
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, DXD526 said:

Gabbard was another in an ever-growing list of right wingers who go on this show to spout their talking points, and bask in the glow of being considered 'brave' to go on a 'liberal' show. I don't know why Bill keeps inviting these people on, but he does. It's never fun to watch. All Gabbard did was deflect, and sit there with a dumb look on her face when Bill tried in the least to call her out. 

Gabbard served in a field medical unit of the Hawaii Army National Guard while deployed to Iraq from 2004 to 2005 and was stationed in Kuwait from 2008 to 2009 as an Army Military Police platoon leader. While a member of Congress, she served as a vice chair of the Democratic National Committee from 2013 to 2016, and resigned to endorse Bernie Sanders' campaign for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Hillary Clinton sounded the alarm 4 years ago that Tulsi was being groomed by Russia. That’s probably correct. Makes sense. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Ray’s future sounds like a combo of Caprica, Ready Player Two and Black Mirror’s San Junipero.  We just upload or mind to the cloud and we never die.  Nice idea but I doubt it’ll happen.

Bill, Biden will not walk away, give it a rest.  Yes a new candidate will make a big difference.  Just like Humphrey and Nixon.  Chuck the incumbent, get a criminal.  Geeze Bill, your a boomer, so is Chris and they can’t remember 1968?

Tulsi gave the maga talking points.  No evidence that Biden went after anyone.  The justice department went after criminals, several of whom were also disbarred in their own states.  

Edited by Hanahope
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

I had to rewatch to see if I misjudged Tulsi. Bill actually did let her speak. She definitely is anti-Biiden, perhaps as a result of the Democratic Party treating her so badly in 2016 when she was accused of being groomed by the Russians. How absurd. ( I was being sarcastic upstream ).

I don’t think she made MAGA talking points, they just weren’t all left-wing talking points. And I always think it’s OK to not agree with everything everyone says on this show. I am glad Bill brings on people who don’t all parrot each other. 

On 6/30/2024 at 11:15 PM, Hanahope said:

Bill, Biden will not walk away, give it a rest.

After that debate, for the first time I think Trump has a chance of winning. Biden is a serious problem for the Democrats.

On 6/30/2024 at 6:17 PM, Tara said:

Gabbard served in a field medical unit of the Hawaii Army National Guard while deployed to Iraq from 2004 to 2005 and was stationed in Kuwait from 2008 to 2009 as an Army Military Police platoon leader. While a member of Congress, she served as a vice chair of the Democratic National Committee from 2013 to 2016, and resigned to endorse Bernie Sanders' campaign for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination.

Some Bernie voters shifted right, and voted for trump.  I personally knew a few of them (all men, though). They now argue for MAGA. 

On 7/2/2024 at 12:03 AM, Tara said:

Biden is a serious problem for the Democrats.

Trump is a worse problem for the Republicans. And the Democrats. And the rest of the world. He scares the shit out of me.

• Like 13
18 hours ago, shok said:

Trump is a worse problem for the Republicans. And the Democrats. And the rest of the world. He scares the shit out of me.

I hope someone does a study someday on how and why Trump incited such strong feelings, both positive and negative, in the citizens of this country.

To his supporters, he can do wrong. He could be charged with, oh, let’s just say 88 felony counts, and they will absolutely not care. 

To his detractors, he ignites feelings of deep venom, pure hatred, disgust, I could go on.

.  I truly believe it is a phenomenon.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Tara said:

I hope someone does a study someday on how and why Trump incited such strong feelings, both positive and negative, in the citizens of this country.

To his supporters, he can do wrong. He could be charged with, oh, let’s just say 88 felony counts, and they will absolutely not care. 

To his detractors, he ignites feelings of deep venom, pure hatred, disgust, I could go on.

.  I truly believe it is a phenomenon.

It's happened before in history & you don't have to go that far back to see how easily a whole country can follow one person over the abyss. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 7/5/2024 at 9:37 AM, Shrek said:

It's happened before in history & you don't have to go that far back to see how easily a whole country can follow one person over the abyss. 

If half of Germany hated Hitler with the passion that Bill hates Trump, Hitler never would have gotten anywhere.

• Like 1
On 7/5/2024 at 9:37 AM, Shrek said:

Luckily, this is only HALF the country. 😂

6 hours ago, Tara said:

Luckily, this is only HALF the country. 😂

I'm not sure why you think it's funny but it didn't start out as the whole country & I doubt it was even half because it takes a lot less than half the country for someone to end up in power, just as it did then. That's always how these things start, but you keep thinking it's funny. 

• Like 2