Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Just watched the France 🇫🇷  vs. Hong Kong 🇭🇰 Epi gold medal match, very exciting! I have tremendous respect for Oympic level athletes who can be losing and then manage to rally for the win! 

En Garde, Prêt, Allez!

So happy for the women’s foil going USA 1/2. They were both so excited. Also, I love fencing. I did 4 classed and my left knee exploded, but I wish I had started younger.

• Like 7

I wanted to watch fencing, and tried to watch fencing, but the woman? announcer? was driving? me crazy? with her voice? inflections? sounding like a question? every other word?

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I wanted to watch fencing, and tried to watch fencing, but the woman? announcer? was driving? me crazy? with her voice? inflections? sounding like a question? every other word?

I think she’s the technical pro. The other guy announcer keeps saying it’s a sword which makes my fencing husband wince.

She has a really flat affect like this is really humdrum stuff, not the Olympics. 

• Like 1

I took fencing classes for a while decades ago and look forward to watching it in the Olympics every four years. It was nice to be able to see so much of it this time on the E! daytime coverage and USA daytime coverage.

• Like 1