Type keyword(s) to search

S22:Ep 20: Jiminy Glick, Andrew Cuomo, Adam Kinzinger

• Start Topic

There's been no traffic here lately.  I think that Primetimers have tired of Bill.  I decided to list the latest episode because I found the Jiminy Glick interview to be quite funny.  The rest is tiresome.  They are trying to advise Biden how to speak at the debates to win votes.  I can't see that as being effective. 

Wikipedia tracks viewership. He used to get 1.5 million viewers per episode.  Now he gets .7 million. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He's still on the "they should replace Biden, its not too late" train.

I forget exactly but I thought Cuomo and Kinzinger both had some good comments.

Bill's book is supposedly #1.  It's "editorials" or the final New Rule from over 20 years of the HBO show.

I just listened to a podcast where he was interviewed on stage about his book.

Presumably HBO keeps paying him enough and he gets enough bookings of big venues for his live show, based on being on TV and him plugging his gigs.

I don't agree with him on a lot of things any more but it's still relatively well-researched show.  His writers and producers aren't making shit up.

I would guess it's about as well-researched as The Daily Show these days, certainly better than anything on right wing media or social media.

I didn't know about The Apprentice movie until this episode.

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, aghst said:

He's still on the "they should replace Biden, its not too late" train.

I forget exactly but I thought Cuomo and Kinzinger both had some good comments.

Bill's book is supposedly #1.  It's "editorials" or the final New Rule from over 20 years of the HBO show.

I just listened to a podcast where he was interviewed on stage about his book.

Presumably HBO keeps paying him enough and he gets enough bookings of big venues for his live show, based on being on TV and him plugging his gigs.

I don't agree with him on a lot of things any more but it's still relatively well-researched show.  His writers and producers aren't making shit up.

I would guess it's about as well-researched as The Daily Show these days, certainly better than anything on right wing media or social media.

I didn't know about The Apprentice movie until this episode.

I read about the Apprentice movie a couple of weeks ago. Wish we could see it.

amazed Bill’s book is doing so well. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

There's been no traffic here lately.  I think that Primetimers have tired of Bill.  I decided to list the latest episode because I found the Jiminy Glick interview to be quite funny.  The rest is tiresome.  They are trying to advise Biden how to speak at the debates to win votes.  I can't see that as being effective. 

Wikipedia tracks viewership. He used to get 1.5 million viewers per episode.  Now he gets .7 million. 

I thought the opposite, that interview was totally unfunny & a waste of time. 

• Like 1

I'm not tired of Bill. I watch the show every week. 

Over the past year or so, the episode threads didn't really lend to discussion of the episode and more leaned into just hate watching on Bill even though there is a thread to do that. 

I'm not a Bill fan boy, and he's certainly not above criticism. 

Everyone of course is entitled to their own opinion, but I don't feel that both watching the show and talking about it, and ripping on Bill are being accommodated fairly. 

ymmv, but the stark drop off in activity could be as much about being tired of Bill's deal as it is that discussing the actual episode has been stifled. 

• Like 6

I'm not tired of watching Bill either. In fact, I've been watching since he first aired "Politically Incorrect".  But sometimes there's not much to say. Other than New Rules and the upfront interview, the show is generally run by the panel and their opinions. And if they suck, I'm all about the fast-forward button.

• Like 2

I don't think people here are tired of Bill, BUT a lot are tired of having posts removed & posts having to be "approved" before being posted for discussing a show about politics and actually mentioning politics because even when you're trying to be neutral and discuss the shows talking points someone gets upset and reports what you said to the mods because their little feelings were hurt.  

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Shrek said:

I don't think people here are tired of Bill, BUT a lot are tired of having posts removed & posts having to be "approved" before being posted for discussing a show about politics and actually mentioning politics because even when you're trying to be neutral and discuss the shows talking points someone gets upset and reports what you said to the mods because their little feelings were hurt.  

Yeah, it's been a minute since I posted here. (Watch this get removed.)

• Like 1

I think Bill remains a centrist Democrat who is not afraid to criticize the far left, along with the right.  I enjoy his show and will continue to watch. I don’t need every viewpoint I have affirmed by Bill.  That’s not his job, nor should it be. 

I thought Jimmy Glick was very funny. I enjoy that style of humor. 

I have some issues with the Cuomos in general, so I tend to be annoyed at most everything they say. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

I still watch every week. I've appreciated him since Politically Incorrect. Of course everyone has their own opinion of Bill and Bill's opinions. But I appreciate that he is smart, quick-witted, well spoken, civil, willing to listen, and pretty much has always read the books he interviews his guests about. 

I thought Martin Short was really fun ny and love how much Bill appreciated it. I also loved the recent Shatner interview. 

Okay, to be balanced I will snark on Bill about something... I can't stand how often he smacks his lips when making a point. Someone should point it out to him!!!!