Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E03: Auditions 3

• Start Topic

The auditions continue as variety acts featuring contestants of all ages perform for the chance to win $1 million; there are more golden buzzers than ever before, each sending a lucky act directly to the live shows to compete for America's vote.

I had to run out and missed the first 15 minutes or so. I loved the dancing dog and the quick change magician was really good. Quick change gets boring though; hope she can keep it from being too repetitive.

South African group was good. The girl has a nice voice. (Though the little one was kind of getting on my nerves, I'll admit.)

Simon should only get one "I can give you 4000 yeses" per episode.

I couldn't watch the clown (I just can't watch those acts) but his offense at Howie calling his stunts "tricks" was funny.

• Like 2

.  The quick change magician was the best of the night by far.

.  I don't like dog acts but this one was different and pretty good.

.  The South African kids were ok but nothing special.

.  The dance group with fire boots were just another dance group.  The difference?  Fire!

.  The prison nurse was shouty.

Not a very strong show.  I hope the next episode is better.

• Like 2

In the "coming up" montage at the end of the first segment, I saw a bunch of solo singers (I thought) and Gong Show acts.  I was not happy.

It ended up being a pretty good ep.  I love me some traditional masculine Argentinian dance.  These guys tonight did not disappoint.

Rhythm is an amazing dog.  Not sure how the act will avoid being repetitive. 

Loved the South African trio.  The gospel-style singer from San Quentin was terrific.

Bike dude did not wow me.  There is no way he can up his game significantly. It is what it is. 

Magician/clothes changer was fantastic.  Great concept which lends itself to potential modifications.  Perfect act for the LV show.

The "Halloween" segments were horrid.  Worse yet was the fat dancer.  I guess the montage did foreshadow some yuck.

• Like 2

Stud Muffin, the fat dancer, probably knew he wasn't going to advance, but he was fun to watch for a brief period. 

South African singers were good, but not great.  

Female singer at the end was too shouty.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Stud Muffin, the fat dancer, probably knew he wasn't going to advance, but he was fun to watch for a brief period. 

South African singers were good, but not great.  

Female singer at the end was too shouty.

Yeah I agree!  I think sometimes people are expecting the singer to end with a big finish so they don't really pay attention to them when they're shouting their notes.

• Like 3

I am so done with singers on this damn show. Go to The Voice, American Idol, or any other singing competition. I didn't think the kids were that great or the prison nurse. I like the dog, the bike, and the quick change act. 

• Like 4

Nobody here has mentioned it, but I found the brother-sister country duo to be pretty mediocre. I think they advanced only because their mom died and they want to spread mental health awareness. Their voices were not good enough for Idol or the Voice, but on AGT they can rely solely on a sob story.

• Like 3

I thought the female quick change artist from a couple of years ago was smoother than the current one. How quickly we forget.  I think she also got you are the best quick change Artist we have ever seen status. 

loved the dog act 

• Like 2
On 6/15/2024 at 2:42 PM, tinkerbell said:

Nobody here has mentioned it, but I found the brother-sister country duo to be pretty mediocre. I think they advanced only because their mom died and they want to spread mental health awareness. Their voices were not good enough for Idol or the Voice, but on AGT they can rely solely on a sob story.

And the girl showed up for national television dressed in rags!

(edited)
On 6/15/2024 at 2:42 PM, tinkerbell said:

I thought AGT acts weren't supposed to be professionals? They're far from being an amateur act with three albums and four no 1 hits on Canada's 'country' charts! Still boring!

https://meaww.com/who-are-the-reklaws-canadian-country-music-siblings-collaborated-with-former-agt-star

Edited by xls
  • Like 2