Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: WATN Seana & J.T.

• Start Topic

New, 6/5/2024

Seana's mind is ready for surgery, but her body still has a conflict with the scale. Once almost 900 pounds, J.T. Clark is finally ready to have his massive leg surgically downsize

Original episodes:

Seana: S08.E08

J.T.: S08.E04

(Seana is the poundticipant who lost Dr. Now’s diet four times).  (J.T. Clark was living with a girlfriend Jessica, who dumped him during the episode, he ended up living in a halfway house at the end).

(edited)

This is the sixth WATN for this season, then next week, 12 June is Dr Pimple Popper reruns, so this may be the end of the season.   I know there were rumors of another WATN or two, and Dolly claimed she was being filmed, but I don't see anything scheduled.  There were six WATN last season too.    

It will be interesting to see if Seana ever kept a copy of Dr. Now's book, after copy 4 went missing, and if J.T. ever succeeded.   Since both were originally filmed in  season 8, and we've finished season 12, I'm assuming they were filmed right after their original episodes finished.   So, pretty old film. 

I think Seana is like a lot of the poundticpants, she sits at home, eating herself to death, has very little outside interaction, and probably goes days without seeing anyone outside of her immediate acquaintances.    They simply have no interest in anything but their home life.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I remember Seana. I said in the chat she was going to have to staple the diet to herself. 

This is what tattoos are for…

• LOL 6

Seana seemed drugged, she was expressionless & emotionless.  I didn't blame JT's girlfriend for leaving him. He wasn't being nice & it looked pretty much over for them before the episode even started. 

• Like 1

I was shocked at how well J.T. did, and how much that lymphedema weighed. 

Seana was no surprise, except with the huge amount of weight she gained back.  

Tonight on TLC 7 to 9 p.m. Central is the Supersized edition of this episode.  I might watch it, since I think it's the last of the show. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I was shocked at how well J.T. did, and how much that lymphedema weighed. 

Seana was no surprise, except with the huge amount of weight she gained back.  

Tonight on TLC 7 to 9 p.m. Central is the Supersized edition of this episode.  I might watch it, since I think it's the last of the show. 

I was shocked by such a huge weight gain. How does one gain over 100 lbs? I have to say, she won't be successful in the long run. When I saw her friends come over with that bag of food, that pretty much sealed it for me. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 3:52 PM, libgirl2 said:

I looked up JT  and he had those holey pants on. I remember him now! 

JT lives about 30 miles from me. His hometown had a devastating tornado two weeks ago, power still not totally restored to all affected. Hope he is ok. I love the trainwrecks, but also love the successes. 

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, BAForever said:

JT lives about 30 miles from me. His hometown had a devastating tornado two weeks ago, power still not totally restored to all affected. Hope he is ok. I love the trainwrecks, but also love the successes. 

So do I. I also hope he is okay. He accomplished so much. 

• Like 2

Seana looked pretty good just before Covid hit.  But even when she voiced her concerns when heading towards the doctor's office afterward, I gasped when she got out of that taxi.  She looked - and was - bigger than her first visit with Dr. Now.

Three cheers for JT!!!

• Like 6
(edited)
16 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Seana looked pretty good just before Covid hit.  But even when she voiced her concerns when heading towards the doctor's office afterward, I gasped when she got out of that taxi.  She looked - and was - bigger than her first visit with Dr. Now.

Three cheers for JT!!!

Yes, she was moving so much better. It was a shock to see what happened in what was it, one year? 

I do give her credit because she blamed no one but herself. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 4
(edited)

J.T. surprised me with his change in attitude after losing the weight, and having to get along with the roommates.  He seemed like a different person after losing the weight, and especially after the surgery.    I was glad to see Jessica (the former girlfriend) stand up to him, and go back home (I understand she picked up Bella the adorable dog from whoever was dog sitting for them).    

I hope J.T. and family are OK after the recent tornado in their home town, Claremore, Oklahoma.  

I watching the Supersized episode, and they cut the original pizza scene for J.T. and Jessica, and went to the giant fry bread with tons of hamburger and stuff on it.  

Seana's mother Cricket says her daughter is killing herself with food, and then makes her breakfast of huge plates of greasy food.  I can't believe Seana is walking across that parking lot barefoot, and in the hotel too. 

It's so nice to see J.T. change and work so hard, and have a real support system in his family.   

Seana on the other hand, weighing so much more and calling Dr. Now, and now weighing 730, and gaining over 100 lbs after the Covid lockdowns was so sad.   She'll never get surgery.   Admitting she messed up is good, but she really doesn't intend to change.  My opinion is she thinks that surgery would be magic, and she wouldn't have to diet after that.   I bet if she ever has surgery that she'll defeat it, and regain.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2