Type keyword(s) to search

The Life And Murder Of Nicole Brown Simpson

• Start Topic

Known for their powerful and impactful documentaries, Lifetime unveils the explosive two-night event, The Life and Murder of Nicole Brown Simpson, in honor of the 30th anniversary of her death. The documentary provides an opportunity for Nicole's own narrative and voice to be heard in one of the most notorious crimes and trials in history. The project features 50 participants, including those who knew Nicole the best - her friends and family - to shed new light on her life and tragic death. With unprecedented access to exclusive home videos and interviews, the documentary will reveal shocking new details in the tragic story. Produced by Bunim/Murray Productions,

The Life and Murder of Nicole Brown Simpson will debut across two nights on June 1 and June 2 at 8pm ET/PT, only on Lifetime.

Full press release http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2024/05/02/lifetime-announces-the-life-and-murder-of-nicole-brown-simpson-two-night-event-premieres-june-1-528314/20240502lifetime01/

• Like 2

Many years ago i read every book the local public libraries had on the murder of Nicole and Ron Goldman.  

I hope OJ is in hell. (If there is such a thing). Or maybe he's hanging out with Johnny Cockran.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Nicole’s sisters are making the rounds to promote this. I think it’s very classy of them to say, when asked how they feel about OJ dying, that they’re sad for Sydney and Justin. I can imagine there no personal satisfaction to be had because nothing changes the fact that Nicole is dead and he got away with it.

I’m ready to watch this, but I’m already bracing myself to be angry all over again.

• Like 2

I’m about 1 1/2 hours in on Part 1. Definitely heartbreaking. Nicole finally got out of the marriage but OJ stalked her

• Like 3

I was not expecting Faye Resnick and Kate to be in this.

I was well aware that OJ was particularly vile to Nicole when she was pregnant, but making her get a C-section because he didn’t want her body to change?! Ew.

The reveal that there were domestic incidents with Marguerite was no shock to me. Even though she denies that he hit her, I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t tell either way because she wants to maintain her privacy. Can’t say I blame her.

With all the times OJ cheated on her, why would Nicole want to do the same thing to Marcus’ fiancée/wife? Not that in any way justifies what happened to her, but come on.

• Like 4

So sad the pain the Brown family and Nicole’s friends suffered with her murder and the ensuing circus. They at least helped advanced the understanding of domestic violence. Really sad for the kids having to deal with all that crap and living with their father in Florida when he was probably doing drugs

• Like 5

Seeing all the footage of SNL and the Dancing Itos gives me secondhand guilt. Jesus, two people were murdered and it became a big sideshow to the rest of the world. And everyone made it about OJ like it was some kind of civil rights issue. I could barely stomach all the people celebrating and cheering as myself, I can5 imagine how it was for the Browns and Goldmans.

That lady that almost crashed into OJ really fucked up. I get she felt desperate to sell out to Hard Copy, but rule of witnesses is you don’t go to the press before the trial even starts! Don’t blame Marcia Clark one bit for being pissed off at her. And it wound up being all for nothing since she spent all that money on her lawyer!

Of course, even if she had gotten to testify, I’m sure the jury would’ve ignored it just like they ignored Denise’s testify about the abuse.

• Like 5

What happened to OJ’s kids when he got sent to prison for the Las Vegas robbery? Were they adults by then?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I thought this was a travesty of justice back then and I still do. That poor family and children. I hope OJ is rotting in hell. 

I thought the whole thing was an absolute circus and yes, I disagreed with the verdict. At least he lost the civil case and spent a few years in jail for the really dumb Vegas robbery. Death got him in the end

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
(edited)

I watched and read everything about this case back in the day like it was my job!  I was visiting my sister in N Michigan when the Bronco chase happened and was watching that and a massive group of wild turkeys that took over the road in front of her house.  Both were strangely riveting.

Anyway, the ineptness of Marcia Clark and her blaming the witness for blowing her case and then harassing her to the point she needed to hire an attorney?  Why didn't she inform the witness to not discuss with the media?  The witness (like anyone) is fallible but there was so much more she should've focused on in the prosecution like having the jury be educated on domestic violence and its effects, OJ having keys to Nicole's residence (that he lied about), counteracting the defense' dismissal of OJ's blood evidence at the crime scene and OJ's, Nicole's and Ron Goldman's blood in the bronco and his residence and the whole glove scenario to name a few.  Even her decision to change her hair style mid-trial may seem shallow but people put trust in familiarity especially in appearance.  I don't think she had any idea how to select a jury and felt confidence on gender alone which reverts back to understanding domestic violence.  

Nicole was failed in so many ways. 

Edited by mytmo
clarification
  • Like 8

It’s not all on Marcia Clark. Most of the jury already made up their minds from the get-go, seeing OJ as the victim of the LAPD but also of Nicole, the white gold digger that “stole” him from his first wife. Never mind that he was a crappy husband to both women, or that he was older and had all the control. All the education in the world about domestic abuse wouldn’t have made the slightest bit difference.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
41 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

It’s not all on Marcia Clark. Most of the jury already made up their minds from the get-go, seeing OJ as the victim of the LAPD but also of Nicole, the white gold digger that “stole” him from his first wife. Never mind that he was a crappy husband to both women, or that he was older and had all the control. All the education in the world about domestic abuse wouldn’t have made the slightest bit difference.

Fortunately, this case and of course the Brown sisters pushing the topic publicly made domestic violence more understandable to many people and made the police and officials take it more seriously. That is probably the biggest (and maybe one of the very few) positive thing to come out of this sad circus of a trial

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Very well stated Spartan Girl.

If OJ wasn't a "sports celebrity", maybe just a regular guy working 9-5, the jury would have seen things differently. Such a tragedy for Ron Goldman and Nicole. 

I haven't watched the entire doc series due to working. I hope they did Nicole and Ron justice. This is truly the American tragedy of domestic violence and stupid celebrity fame. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

I haven't watched the entire doc series due to working. I hope they did Nicole and Ron justice.

They didn’t really talk about Ron much. Just that he was a nice guy that worked in the restaurant, and Faye felt enormous guilt for having introduced him to Nicole. Also that after Nicole’s mom called her on the night about leaving her sunglasses at the restaurant and Nicole said she’d call the place and ask if they’d seen it, she had a sudden bad feeling that came out of o where, like something was going to happen. 

• Sad 2
  • Love 1

I thought this was a good way to present Nicole's side of this whole saga, finally after all these years. 

I was working in an office in my first job out of college when the OJ trial happened.  My co-worker and I shared an office with a divider between us, for 40 hours a week. We had the radio on every day listening to the entire trial.  Its strange to think back to that now. 

I read my first true crime book in 7th grade and was hooked from that point forward, reading all the Anne Rule books, and then the OJ case. And now I mostly listen to true crime podcasts. So many fascinating cases are being covered, and some solved, with those. I only listen to those that take a serious, respectful tone to the cases and victims; I do not care for the ones where they laugh and giggle and drink wine - to me those are offensive.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 8:48 PM, Jst2Wld said:

Very well stated Spartan Girl.

If OJ wasn't a "sports celebrity", maybe just a regular guy working 9-5, the jury would have seen things differently. Such a tragedy for Ron Goldman and Nicole. 

I haven't watched the entire doc series due to working. I hope they did Nicole and Ron justice. This is truly the American tragedy of domestic violence and stupid celebrity fame. 

I remember when this happened. I was at work talking about it with coworkers. One guy said, “I don’t care how much evidence they have. Unless I see OJ on video doing it, then I don’t believe it.” He could not be reasoned with. He worshipped OJ.

A year later when the verdict came in, I was working for the police. We all gathered in a conference room to watch the verdict. We were stunned. We couldn’t believe it was not guilty given all the evidence. 

Watching this and all the reports of domestic violence, I was angry all over again. The part where the jury woman said they don’t believe that someone doing domestic violence means he could’ve murdered the woman. Is she freaking stupid me? Does she know how many women are killed this way? And they are most vulnerable after they have left the guy. 

It was all about race post Rodney King. The black community saw this as payback. That is what I’ve read anyway. I also read that even though OJ lost the civil trial, he never paid any significant money to the Goldman or Simpson families. He claimed he was broke and his football pension was protected. So they didn’t receive the $30M judgment. 

He was 30 and married with kids when he picked up 18 year-old. He discarded his wife as if she were nothing. It must’ve been devastating for her. 

I wonder if any of his children had a good relationship with him up until his death? Not just the kids with Nicole but the previous ones too. 

Poor Ron Goldman. He was overshadowed by Nicole when this happened, an afterthought in the reporting. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He dropped by to bring some glasses and interrupted a vicious murder, so he was collateral damage. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4

So when The People v. OJ Simpson aired, I posted about my ex-BF who knew Nicole rather well and knew Oj casually. Here is what I posted back in 2016:

Well, one thing he said was that he and his then-wife, plus another couple, plus Nicole and OJ, plus a fourth couple (Sandy Duncan and her husband--ex worked with the guy) all had a dinner party one evening. Apparently a LOT of vodka was drunk by OJ (and others). Afterward they played charades and my ex bonded quite a bit with him. (Vomit) OJ, as everyone has said, was huge ("his hand could crush my head with one squeeze") and very charismatic. And he bragged to ex about Nicole's breast job, said that he made her get them. (VOMIT) X saw Nicole every Sunday, and his kids knew Sydney and Justin. Said she was "CRAZY beautiful."

When the news was heard on the radio that two bodies were found on South Bundy, X knew it was Nicole, and 10 minutes later SD's husband called X and said "did you hear? OJ killed Nicole."

I just finished watching this miniseries last night. The raw agony of her sisters is still so incredibly manifest. G****** OJ. I just cannot get over how much those two sweet kids must have suffered. Their mother died young, died way too violently and worst, their father did it. And dumped her there like so much trash as they were sleeping upstairs. What a sociopath.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1