Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Seeking a Deeper Understanding

• Start Topic

The Merrifields meet Nathalia's friends, and Dannielle reveals her true feelings to Nathalia; things reach a tipping point between the Salahuddins and Naeem's mother; The Davis sister wives meet with a potential sister wife.

Original air date 2024.05.06

Dannielle was not very good at  hiding her utter elation at being back in the #1 spot.

Mama Naeem thinks polygamy is nasty and germy. I know, let's bring in somebody who's actually sleeping with both the husband AND the wife. That'll change her mind!!!

• LOL 7
On 5/9/2024 at 8:18 AM, HorrrGoodnight said:

Dannielle was not very good at  hiding her utter elation at being back in the #1 spot.

Maybe I am petty, but I say good for Danielle. 😊

• Like 3

While lying in bed with insomnia this morning, I found myself thinking about this show.  Some random thoughts -

- the group with the three women who work while the dad (is it Nick?) stays home - I've come to like these women, just in terms of how they respect each other and get along.

If you're going to be polygamous, I think their approach is the best one I've seen -where the women choose a partner and vet her first before Nick does. And that they put a lot of emphasis on the relationships between the women. Imagine if the Brown family did it that way, what might have happened.

- But.. the idea of them all sharing a bed together. That is super strange. I hope they do it the Scandinavian way where each person gets their own duvet.  I wonder if its like a slumber party every night or if they go to bed at different times.  Do they ever do a cuddle puddle?

- Assuming this crew stays together into old age, the dad is not doing himself any favors by simultaneously not working while also not being legally married.

For someone who doesn't work for many years, if they are legally married to someone else for at least 10 years, they can draw off that person's Social Security income when they retire and/or if they become disabled.  Hopefully his income from the show gives him enough work credits to count towards his future Social Security and Medicare (also he needs to pay the proper taxes as well). He should be pay attention to that. 

- In terms of the new woman joining, I can't imagine what that would be like for her 11yo son once they move in and let's say he wakes up at night and wants to go to his mom but she is in the middle of this bed with four other adults. How does she make that make sense to him? 

------

As for the Merrifields (sp?), its very uncanny how Danielle got pregnant after so many years of not having kids. Its almost like her subconscious stepped in and did that to throw a monkey wrench into this situation with the Brazilian. 

Did anyone catch the comment by Ick that he was trying to get the Brazilian pregnant???? What kind of craziness is that? They barely know each other, don't speak each other's languages, aren't legally married, live thousands of miles apart, and its a great time to get pregnant??? 

• Like 6

Christmas Jones said:

"Did anyone catch the comment by Ick that he was trying to get the Brazilian pregnant???? What kind of craziness is that? They barely know each other, don't speak each other's languages, aren't legally married, live thousands of miles apart, and its a great time to get pregnant???"

I think Ick's thinking is if he gets the Brazilian pregnant, she won't be so inclined to fly the coop like Roberta did.  Afterall his end game is 5 wives, and he's not going to get there while he's relatively young if he can't at least get them to hang in there. LOL

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
23 hours ago, lasandi said:

Afterall his end game is 5 wives, and he's not going to get there while he's relatively young if he can't at least get them to hang in there. LOL

He's gonna have a hard time getting to five if he can't get past one. And the one is miserable with him.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Gotta love the crew getting lots of shots of deep thinker Nick staring at Jasmines rack while on their romantic carriage ride. 😁

Edited by Texasmom1970
I cant spell
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7