Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Maxine Throws a Party

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Huh?  Is that all there is?  Are they setting this up for a second season? 

I think so.

45 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I think so.

I have to think so too, otherwise, this is the most existential ending of any show ever.  Only Robert knows that Carol Burnett switched identities, so that secret would be lost to history.  He's probably not dead.  Maybe he had a NASA medal in his astronaut suit, which blocked the bullet.

(edited)

BTW, Josh Lucas and Christian Slater now look like they were separated at birth.  I was watching the silly Netflix Pop-Tart movie (the Seinfeld movie) over the weekend, and I kept thinking Christian Slater was Josh Lucas.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
On 5/8/2024 at 5:51 AM, EtheltoTillie said:

Are they setting this up for a second season? 

Apparently so, though the formal renewal is yet to issue. https://www.today.com/popculture/tv/palm-royale-ending-explained-rcna149600

I know looking for logic and coherence isn't the main point of any of this, but there's no need for "Norma" to marry Robert to leave him "her" fortune. Indeed, it might be easier just to draft a will that leaves him everything than it would be to get married. If she's competent enough to get married, she competent enough to execute a will. She doesn't even need to tell Robert she intends to leave everything to him, and certainly needs no permission from him to do so. He could of course refuse to accept anything passed through a will just as any intended gift recipient can refuse to accept any gift. For these reasons, the marriage proposal seemed pointless, at least from the information we now have.

Didn't the evil blond mother in Hairspray also pull a weapon out from her excessively-high hairdo?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I’m at a loss for words. So so bad. Pointless, meandering, unfocused badness. Was it comedy (no), drama (um kind of), satire(not really), mystery (despite the final reveal no)? What a waste of an amazing cast. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
(edited)

The thing is a wretched mess. 56 score on Rotten Tomatoes' Tomatometer. And you know they spent a fortune on actor fees. With this talent, the scores should have been very high.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

I enjoyed it. It had a very "Desperate Housewives" vibe to it. I think if you went into it thinking it was straight comedy you'd be disappointed though. I wasn't sure what to make of it at first but I thought it got better as it went along and I ended up liking it.

That said, this was a very risky way to end it, without knowing whether or not it would get another season. I'd be very disappointed with it if it hadn't. 

• Like 1