Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Crossing the Bridge

• Start Topic

2ff6900b-1bdd-48d9-a05d-d0686be6112c?bas

Imogen (Elisabeth Moss) and Adilah (Yumna Marwan) continue on their journey to Paris and face a threat in Istanbul; the pressure mounts on the CIA and DGSE to determine the true identity of the Djinn al Raqqa.

Premiere Date: April 30, 2024     Hulu   

Imogen and Adilah argue like an old married couple. The debate about belly dancing is just cringey.

Based on their interaction in the library, Imogen believes that Adilah is the notorious Djinn of Al Raqqa - the most wanted woman in the world. 

Imogen could be right. Adilah could be lying about her level of involvement with ISIS. Over a phone call to her daughter, Adilah is heard talking about a plan/mission. She secretly leaves a message to her fellow operative in the djinn book in the library.

DNA test has confirmed that the 10yo girl is indeed Adilah’s daughter. So she’s telling the truth about this.

I hope this series can hold its narrative with compelling twists and turns. I am never a fan of Elisabeth Moss, so am only watching this for the plot.

Re the characters, I am more invested in Adilah than Imogen. Hopefully the series can find the right balance between these two leading ladies.

Finished the first two episodes - surprised they went rather fast since I wasn't really that engrossed in the story.  It is interesting enough to want to know what's the truth so I'll probably keep watching. 

There is something about Imogen I don't like but can't put my finger on what it is.

On 4/30/2024 at 9:02 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

I hope this series can hold its narrative with compelling twists and turns. I am never a fan of Elisabeth Moss, so am only watching this for the plot.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.  

6 hours ago, abbyzenn said:

There is something about Imogen I don't like but can't put my finger on what it is.

It's the smiling most of the time for no given reason that's at the top of my list.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
On 5/1/2024 at 9:39 PM, ichbin said:

It's the smiling most of the time for no given reason that's at the top of my list.

That might well be it. As I posted in episode 1, there's something smarmy about it.

At this point, I'm watching for Josh Charles.