Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Go Home

• Start Topic

Synopsis:

Sugar thinks he’s made a break in the case. When a double cross forces him to do the unthinkable, he turns to Melanie and Henry for help.

Air Date: May 03, 2024

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I love the way he used a sound and is calmness to disable the dogs. 

It’s almost unbelievable how he could turn around what was happening at Stallings house, a then I saw the end. Was he hallucinating? Or is he not what we think he is (human)? 

• Like 2

spacer.png

That’s a genre-bending twist! The reveal is tastefully done. It’s very intimate with the lingering feeling of longing. He needs to go home for just one night. Now we know why he has such a made-up name. He can deflect bullets but it seems that hiding in human form has taken a toll on his body - all the symptoms he’s having.

With Stallings gone, is Miller the big bad? Or is Miller working for a big bad that we haven’t met yet?

How’s all of this connected to Olivia’s disappearance? Did she witness something that she wasn’t supposed to? Was she taken by the covert organization? Is this why they want Sugar to stay away from this case? Did they do something to his sister, Olivia or even Rachel Kaye?

Hopefully Henry will not betray Sugar, or else he’ll have nobody to trust. He cannot be himself with Melanie and Charlie. I truly hope Charlie is OK and we’ll hear about her soon.

• Like 6

That did not disappoint. 
I’m satisfied at this point, as the payoff is good. Previous episodes had all the clues, and it all makes sense in retrospect. 

I now assume the mission Sugar is part of is taking too long to get results and the „people in charge” decided to change the approach to a more aggressive one (experiments on people? Experiments on young women?). 

What is the mission? Seems observation is one of the objectives, but I have a feeling the other group is more focused on figuring out how to be compatible with humans.

• Like 4

I had read about the twist, so I was prepared for it, and I thought it was handled very believably. 

In Stallings' house he is begging them to just leave, not to do anything.  He knows he can stop them and doesn't want to hurt them unnecessarily. 

So now the danger comes from Sugar's associates.  Instead of being upset about the twist, I am interested in knowing what these aliens are doing and why what Sugar is doing threatens them. 

• Like 3

A giveaway to me was him pulling out the knife. Someone in Sugar’s line of work would know not to do that.

LA Confidential is one of my favourite movies so I was excited at the mention. Plus James Cromwell was in that, too.

I was spoiler-free so the reveal was fantastic.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I had no problem with the twist, I suspected something like that.  Mr. Khyber hated it and I don't know if he will watch the rest.

• Like 1

You know, they do say that Apple is best at science fiction. The twist had enough foreshadowing that I’m not upset at it. We will have to see how it pays off, but I’m on board.

• Like 6