Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: Kombucha Kulture

• Start Topic

The final five chefs must create a dish that won't leave a sour taste in the judges' mouth by using kombucha, the trendy fermented drink. Then, two chefs battle for a spot in the semifinals by cooking a winning dish using a wok in the all-new "Kombucha Kulture" episode of Next Level Chef airing Thursday, April 25 (8:00-9:02 PM ET/PT) on FOX. 

I can't effing believe it.  Jordan gets by the blind judging AGAIN.  I was sure that when Richard said the pork was dry that Izahya would win.   Jordan is probably a nice person and a good chef -- but he is so ditzy/disorganized/whatever during the longer challenges.   Somehow, however, he appears better able to focus when everything is on the line.  

I'm hoping Zach wins.  Last week aside, he's been consistently good and even great at the challenges since the beginning.  But if he does have a bad night or two coming up, I'd be okay with a Gabi or a Christina win.   It really is Zach's to lose tho.  IMHO. 

Although Christina's edit -- scrappy single mom!   Dedicated nurse!  -- can be a bit much, Gabi is the one who got on my nerves tonight.  

Did you guys know she comes from a small town? 

• Like 7
(edited)

I liked Izayah, I’m disappointed he’s gone.  I’m happy that Gordon is giving him a mini mentorship. 

How has Jordan managed to slide through again?  He is not good  

Christina’s voice is so incredibly grating.  And I see that she’s stopped talking about being Greek and instead now she has to constantly mention she’s a nurse.  And a single mom.  If she were to win this, would she quit her job that she loves so much?

I am kind of surprised that the final has all white people in it.  Although I’m not sure if Gabi is mixed race or not.  The final four doesn’t seem diverse which is odd considering I’m still convinced the whole show is rigged. They could have easily sent home Jordan.  Both mentors said the pork was dry.  

Next week we should finally lose Jordan since there’s no way Gordon will get two people in the finals.  Still on track for a Zack win. 

Edited by blackwing
  • Like 1

Sorry but Zachs dish looked like it was sitting in diarrhea! Blech. If that had been served to me I think I would of gagged! 

JMHO of course!!!! LOL

When did Nyesha become so pretentious?  I've lost track of the number of times she's used "levity" to describe a dish.  Someone needs to hand her a dictionary.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Really bothered me how much help Jordan got in the main challenge. From the grab, to the concept of the disk, to Nyesha even putting the rice in the freezer for him. That shouldn't be allowed. He needed to go home this episode.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1