Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Episode 3

• Start Topic

Ugh, terrible, terrible people at the Post Office, including refusing to admit there were problems with the Horizon system. Finally a Fujitsu whistleblower comes forward to reveal the problems with Horizon and that remote access existed. That remediation scheme was a farce

• Like 5

I was so angry and sad tonight. How dare they treat people  like that. Typical that documents  were redacted! I knew Martin  was going to decide  suicide  was his only way out. I cried at that part. Thank god for Mr Bates, but his poor wife had to deal with cancer. I will certainly  be watching  the documentary,  with the real people  talking about this.

I was so glad a whistleblower  came forward,  but how will it ever be proven. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

This series is so well done on every level!!!!!

It is truly hard to believe that any company can get away with treating people like this.  Part of me still tries to believe this is fiction. 

BRAVO to the real Mr. Bates for his sheer determination and calm.

The documentary should be interesting.

• Like 3

Poor Martin.   First he's robbed, and then the accounting shortfalls.   Poor man probably had PTSD from the robbery then losing  his job and feeling like a failure.   The loved ones of all the other subpostmasters started worrying too.   

The mediation scheme was a scam all along.

Mrs Bates was freaking awesome.  "Don't you dare!!!"   She acted exasperated with all the time Alan spent trying to prove the post office lied, but she was as invested as he was.   "I'm not going anywhere, I want to see them in jail."   Sadly, no one is jailed even as today.   But I checked, Mrs Bates is alive and well.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

It boggles the mind that this happened. The CEO of the company was also a priest? 

And Martin, just heartbreaking. 

DD, who lives in England, told me that this is big news over there. My hope is that those who suffered are vindicated, and that reparations are made.

• Like 4

I was gobsmacked by the final comments at the end of the episode.

Apparently, this is STILL going on in England and many folks have not yet been made whole.

No one has been arrested, indited or tried - at least that was my take away.

So Bizarre.

Does anyone know when the documentary will be aired?

1 hour ago, kaygeeret said:

I was gobsmacked by the final comments at the end of the episode.

Apparently, this is STILL going on in England and many folks have not yet been made whole.

No one has been arrested, indited or tried - at least that was my take away.

So Bizarre.

Does anyone know when the documentary will be aired?

When the doc is aired depends on your station so check your local listings and pbs.org. One of my stations showed it on Sunday at 11pm EDT

No one in the Post Office or Fujitsu has been arrested, etc