Type keyword(s) to search

S08.08: Point Break

• Start Topic

(edited)

For Lindsay to share her and Carl's intimacy problems seems like such a betrayal to me.  Some things should be kept private to keep from embarrassing your partner.  And she totally blames Carl.  Maybe it's you Lindsay.  Maybe you're just a lousy lay.  

Seeing Lindsay trying on her wedding dress was so cringeworthy knowing what we know.  I almost felt bad for her.  Almost...

Amanda still acts like she hates Kyle...news at 11. 

Edited by swankie
More thoughts.
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1

I agree with @swankie Lindsay  talking  about their sex life,  seems  so unfair to Carl. Tacky Lindsay,  very tacky.

I feel sorry for Kyle, Amanda  acts like he's a stranger at times. They need to sort out their  lives before having  children.  At least they are trying therapy. 

• Like 2

So cringe watching Lindsey try on that wedding dress. Even more cringe watching her share details on their (lack of) sex life. 

Firmly believe that the root of many of Kyle/Amanda's issues is her involvement in Loverboy. He asked her quit her job at L'Occitane to help with the creative aspects but the blurred lines between their professional/personal lives is causing much of the tension. She feels like he is devaluing her contributions while he sees her as unmotivated. I predict they'd be much happier if she returned to the corporate world and he found another creative director. Might not solve all their issues, but it would be a good first step.

So Gabby shows up to the dress fitting with no comments on where'd she's been for the last three weeks. 

Mid-season preview: I cannot wait to see Paige's reaction to Danielle (of all people) giving relationship advice/commentary. 

• Like 10

At this point in the season I did not anticipate feeling like Carl and Linds are the lucky ones, compared to Kyle and Amanda, for imploding their relationship in their own unique ways before they were married.

• Like 4
18 hours ago, swankie said:

For Lindsay to share her and Carl's intimacy problems seems like such a betrayal to me.  Some things should be kept private to keep from embarrassing your partner. 

It is such a betrayal!  When you love someone, even if you're mad or frustrated with them, it's hard to talk bad about them.  I guess at least in my personal experience.  I would never want to humiliate or embarrass my husband.  This leads me to one of two conclusions that I'm struggling with:  either this break-up storyline is planned and totally fake (I don't think the whole relationship was, but that they planned for this to play out this season) or that Lindsay continues to prove herself to be an even shittier person than you thought she was ten seconds ago. The constant badmouthing that they've both been doing this whole season just doesn't sit right. 

I like Amanda.  I like Kyle.  I don't think they are right for each other.  Were they ever?  They clearly want to live their lives in very different ways.  Neither seems to want to compromise to meet the other halfway.  That can't work. 

I'm with Amanda in that what good can come out of being a married 40 year old man staying out partying, wasted, with people you may not know, in places you may not know, until 3 or 4 a.m. in the morning?  I'm not just talking about cheating.  That's just a worrisome scenario. 

I wanted to take Lindsay's wedding dress and yank it up about five inches on her chest.  I'm also confused about the timeline here.  She's obviously put on a little weight in the summer footage but in her talking heads she is super skinny.  Those have to have been filmed after the fact?  How does that work?  Has anyone else noticed that?

Why is no one watching and posting?  This is still one of my favorite shows 😍

• Like 10
(edited)

Kyle needs to cut the mullet it looks horrible. He looked so much better on the flashbacks.

Staying up until 4am is pretty intense. At Kyle’s age the only way you stay up that late is if you are going drugs too. Maybe that’s why Amanda’s mad.

Paige continues to kill it this season. Of the previews are true and Danielle tries to judge Paige’s relationship then what a fucking joke. Danielle sucks and doesn’t need to be on this show anymore. She’s ridiculous and I’ve been over her for a big especially since the last Winter House that she ruined.

Andrea is so cute.

Jesse is meh to me still.

Lindsey and Carl are just a joke. Their loving moments seem so fake lol. What a shock they aren’t having good sex. All she does is emasculate him. She also keeps saying Carl has no ambition and no job but they have the same job which is Summer House and paid ig shit. She prob criticizes every little bit of them having sex too. I’m not saying Carl is some saint he has his issues too but Lindsey is insane.

I don’t miss Gabby at all there’s no reason for her to be on this show lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 2
On 4/14/2024 at 12:53 AM, Marley said:

Kyle needs to cut the mullet it looks horrible. He looked so much better on the flashbacks.

Kyle and West where on WWHL and Kyle said he would cut off his mullet at the reunion! 🤞

Is anyone watching the S.H. After show on Peacock?  It's fun!  I don't think there is any new stuff revealed.  They mostly rehash what happened on the episode and have some fun back and forth banter.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 4/13/2024 at 11:53 PM, Marley said:

Staying up until 4am is pretty intense. At Kyle’s age the only way you stay up that late is if you are going drugs too. Maybe that’s why Amanda’s mad.

Paige continues to kill it this season. Of the previews are true and Danielle tries to judge Paige’s relationship then what a fucking joke. Danielle sucks and doesn’t need to be on this show anymore. She’s ridiculous and I’ve been over her for a big especially since the last Winter House that she ruined.

I don’t miss Gabby at all there’s no reason for her to be on this show lol.

Yeah at his age you can’t stay up until 4am without some coke.. or so I’ve heard. lol

I don’t like Paige and I don’t think she’s a great girlfriend to Craig.  Danielle does suck but she’s not wrong, Paige acts like she’s doing Craig a favor by being with him.  She gives him nothing.  She treats him like a child.  When he asks if she is really into the relationship she basically rolls her eyes.  Anyone can see she’s not as into him as he is to her, and he is a good guy, I think he deserves better.

I forgot Gabby existed, and she can stay gone for all I care.  She’s weird.

• Like 2
(edited)

Lindsey is supposedly ready to get married, but she criticizes Carl constantly on TV, even regarding their sex life.....

I always thought she had an annoying voice like Kyle, and Amanda.

Kyle and Amanda have real issues. I don't think they are faking it for a storyline. Kyle looked uncomfortable and uninterested at the NJ house showing. 

I'm glad Kyle will cut his mullet at the reunion. It's hideous.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
On 4/17/2024 at 12:41 AM, ZettaK said:

I always thought she had an annoying voice like Kyle, and Amanda.

I don’t know if you listen to “Watch What Crappens” but the hosts do a really good job imitating Lindsay, Kyle and Amanda’s WHINY voices.  

“Kayyyyyuuuuhhhlll!!!!”

• Like 1
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I don’t know if you listen to “Watch What Crappens” but the hosts do a really good job imitating Lindsay, Kyle and Amanda’s WHINY voices.  

“Kayyyyyuuuuhhhlll!!!!”

I should, since many here do, and like it.

• Like 1