Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Maxine Shakes the Tree

• Start Topic

1478x832.webp

Maxine tries to unearth information that could upend her marriage. Linda and the Women’s Circle grapple with threats to Palm Beach social order.

Premiere Date: April 3, 2024         Apple TV+   

Carol Burnett is a national treasure.  She can only speak nonsensically, and she is still perhaps the best and funniest part of the episode.

I'm not sure what to make of Maxine.  She stole Norma's jewelry and pawned it, so she's happy to steal when it suits her.  The reporter's questions indicate that she's probably lying about her background and she's knowingly written bad checks all over town.  On the other hand, even with all her social climbing and criminality, she's mostly caring when it comes to Norma, even if she is stealing from her, with only occasional negligence. She also lets Robert be around Norma and care for her, even though they are antagonists.         

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

We just couldn't with this episode. Pretty sure we're done.

I am hanging on by a very thin thread. It’s so bad but it’s like a car crash I can’t look away from. There is really no plot that I can discern? 

• Like 3