Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: The Everydays

• Start Topic

So did Scott Foley kill the rich guy at the party that Supergirl was at?  (Sorry, I don't know any of the character names)  Is that what they were implying?  And that was the most out in the open handing of secret files that I've ever seen.  How did the FBI miss that?  

Whatever.  If this somehow gets renewed for a second season, I'll probably watch it.  Gotta watch something while I fold laundry.

• Like 1

The agent arresting Sadie, looked like Greta Scacchi.

”I know you’ve seen ‘Hamilton’… twice!” Lmao. 

As usual, I like to see women supporting women. I like their friendship, and mutual respect.  Liked that Grace’s family is doing well, that her daughter is okay.  Also, Lola getting her press credentials.  The only thing I didn’t like, was Kimberlyn’s husband getting angry with her again.  It’s her career.  

• Applause 1

A high level journalist being interviewed by the FBI. Sure, why would anyone think about having a chat with a lawyer. Only in TV land.

I’m feeling kind of clueless here, but I can’t figure out if this is the season (and presumably series?) finale. I can see how it could go either way, and I haven’t read the book it’s (loosely?) based on, so maybe someone can help?

17 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I’m feeling kind of clueless here, but I can’t figure out if this is the season (and presumably series?) finale. I can see how it could go either way, and I haven’t read the book it’s (loosely?) based on, so maybe someone can help?

I haven’t read the book. they’re probably aiming for a second season, leading up to the election.  

• Useful 1
On 5/10/2024 at 5:46 PM, SoMuchTV said:

The book the show is inspired by (Chasing Hillary) is a memoir by a journalist who followed Hillary Clinton during both of her presidential campaigns.  So the only real connection is "female journalist following female candidate", which wasn't even the main focus of this show.  

So yeah, they're just doing their own thing with the show.  I'm sure they're hoping for a second season but considering how dead it's been on these boards, I'm not sure how it did in ratings.  On the plus side, it probably doesn't cost that much to make, so it has that in its favor.

• Useful 1
On 5/10/2024 at 6:46 PM, SoMuchTV said:

19 hours ago, Anela said:

I haven’t read the book. they’re probably aiming for a second season, leading up to the election.  

8 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

The book the show is inspired by (Chasing Hillary) is a memoir by a journalist who followed Hillary Clinton during both of her presidential campaigns.  So the only real connection is "female journalist following female candidate", which wasn't even the main focus of this show.  

So yeah, they're just doing their own thing with the show.  I'm sure they're hoping for a second season but considering how dead it's been on these boards, I'm not sure how it did in ratings.  On the plus side, it probably doesn't cost that much to make, so it has that in its favor.

I probably muddied the waters when I brought the book into it, but what I was trying to ask is, was this (the May 9) episode the last one?  I couldn't find any episode description calling it the season finale, or any publicity saying how many episodes to expect.  I finally checked Wikipedia and found this:

The series premiered on March 14, 2024, launching with its first two episodes, followed by a new episode every week until May 9 on Max.

so I guess I got my answer.

• Like 1

I didn't all-out dislike this show, and I'll therefore tune in for a second season, but maaaannn the writing was so mediocre here. I like that's there's four female leads and a couple of them are of a "certain age", but I don't think I cared at all about any of their lives or storylines or trials and tribulations. I was surprised that everything with the college daughter turned out ok, but I doubt the writing would have been up to par for a more dramatic storyline otherwise.

Mayor Scott Foley being the bad guy was an unexpected turn of events. I'll have to go back and rewatch those scenes because I don't know who that other guy was or why the FBI was involved. But I liked the Manchurian Candidate vibes and shout-out.

• Like 1