Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Last Call

• Start Topic

After the shocking shooting of a member of 20-Squad, Hondo and the team launch a citywide manhunt for the robbery crew responsible. Meanwhile, Deacon's plans for his future hit a snag, and Powell and Alfaro clash over a tricky issue, on S.W.A.T., Friday, April 5 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

5 hours ago, transitfan said:
  Inhalte ausblenden

Ich frage mich also, wer gestorben ist, da wir jetzt wissen, dass es nicht Luca war. Hoffentlich nicht Hicks

Spoiler

No, it's not him because he's also in the other pictures I've seen. In uniform.

• Like 1

letter-f.png.46b7b9e32c889d97e1adebbc4478a6a1.png

They didn't kill him physically, but they practically killed him. I'm not sure which is worse.

I'll give the show this much credit in that Kenny Johnson, Shemar Moore et all sold all they could out of that storyline. The beach was a great moment, and so was the retirement ceremony.

Everything else...meh. So Alfaro was raised by strippers and, after Powell sounded like she was judging him, decided to make an awkward pass on him because of it. OK then.

I also guess Deacon's not retiring- not yet anyway. SWAT needs to maintain their "old guy" quotient, I suppose.

As for the case itself, it was a meandering experience with the usual fast pace to feign urgency, flat and predictable twists and turns and clues pulled out of the team's derriere's. At least the story partially made up for the last point by having a heavy involvement from the detective, something the show should have done from the beginning of the entire series.

In short, though, this episode was all about Luca. I wished he had a different ending. I wish that his final act as a SWAT member was not him meekly bowing out effectively in a hail of bullets. I wish he, at least, had taken down a few of the gang members before they proved too much for him, so that Luca at least still looks competent on the job even at the end.

Of course, I don't like "the hail of bullets" ending anyway because Hollywood uses it too much, especially with older characters. Having Luca decide to quit SWAT some other way- perhaps by realizing he has worth in being Kelly's surrogate father- would have been far more satisfying.

Oh well. Time to say farewell, and thanks for the service, Luca. You will be missed.

(edited)

Geez 20 Squad, you don’t have to scare and shock auntie Martha Ramos like that. She’s on oxygen. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Deac and Tan, you guys make me cry! Dammit…

😭😭😭

“Badge or no badge, you will always be one of us.”

Bye Luca, will miss ya! 😢

7A2CF36B-0B4B-421A-8A13-1300DFCE791B.jpeg

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 2
(edited)

The fact that Street wasn’t even mentioned, let alone be at the hospital during Luca’s surgery, is criminal.

Hicks in full dress blues?  Good looking out sir!

Oh!  The hysterically sardonic church secretary on Young Sheldon!  The smoking finally caught up to her.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 2

This ep was beyond horrible!  Luca deserved so much better and you could tell Shemar and Kenny were disappointed in how Luca was being written out.  

Glad there's only a few episodes left because I'm hate watching at this point.

• Like 1