Type keyword(s) to search

S08.06: Start Your Engines

• Start Topic

Carl comes to the house a day late, hoping to avoid the Friday night curse; Paige toes the line between wanting her independence and taking a leap with Craig; Ciara is forced to look back at her past and confides in Craig.

• Like 1

Paige couldn't be further from a marriage frame of mind.  She needs to come to grips with the fact that she doesn't want to get married....PERIOD!  Not just to Craig, but to anybody.  If you feel some kind of way because your supposed husband to be offers to help you pay your rent, you just don't want to share your life with him.  You need to stop stringing him along.  I feel for Craig.  

Amanda and Kyle are acting like an old married couple that get on each other's nerves constantly instead of newlyweds.  Amanda acts like she can't stand Kyle.

• Like 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, swankie said:

Paige couldn't be further from a marriage frame of mind.  She needs to come to grips with the fact that she doesn't want to get married....PERIOD!  Not just to Craig, but to anybody.  If you feel some kind of way because your supposed husband to be offers to help you pay your rent, you just don't want to share your life with him.  You need to stop stringing him along.  I feel for Craig.  

I don't see her stringing him along at all. Paige is committed and happy. They're talking marriage. She just doesn't want to be financially beholden to him (or any man), which I get.  

Further, were the gender reversed, this wouldn't even be a discussion point. It's crazy to me to me that because Paige (as the desperate over 30 woman) isn't the one begging Craig (the reluctant bachelor) to propose that it means she doesn't love him or isn't committed to their future.

Shocked by the empathy & grace Paige & Amanda showed Lindsey. She doesn't deserve it but it was nice to see. Same again with the guys supporting Carl. I'm shocked at how close they actually came to getting married when they're so broken as a couple. Lindsey never truly questioned Carl's sobriety, she just resented his calling out her drinking. Yeah, that's healthy communication. Did she learn that from her therapist?.

Finally, Craig looked so HOT in that mechanics uniform. 

Edited by snarts
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3

I think  Craig is ready to finally  settle  down properly,  and start a family. Did Paige  say she doesn't  want children,  I can't  remember . Their  relationship  seems to be a healthy one, they are both honest with their  feelings,  and yes, Craig did look hot.  I  don't think Kyle and Amanda  are suited, they are both better  when they aren't  drinking. Carl avoiding  Friday nights with Lindsay,  speaks volumes about their  relationship. 

• Like 3

Craig and Paige have a much healthier relationship than Carl/Lindsay and Kyle/Amanda but I think they're basically as mismatched fundamentally as the other 2 couples. It just doesn't seem like Paige wants a traditional marriage (or maybe even children) and that is what Craig wants.

• Like 5

Carl is the male version of "Just Be Good to Me" that I see with women where they love a guy who doesn't treat people the best but their love is different.

They will be special to this person. Even though the partner runs over colleagues, friends who cross them, subordinates, and even family members they perceive as threatening in a situation, the love partner doesn't see those as signs of how they will one day be treated. How things went with an ex or two is somehow different from their situation too. Their bond is different. Their love is transcendent and how this person behaves when they perceive a threat won't come into play.

"When people show you who they are..." has become kind of cliche for a reason.

• Applause 2

Lindsey is an expert at making Karl feel as though he is the one that is wrong.  At least on the surface he seems to.  I think he is slowly simmering below the surface and is a walking time bomb.

And Lindsey is totally gaslighting Karl.  And any comments she makes to the girls about Karl, she knows full well will get back to Karl. She is no spring chicken when it comes filming a reality show.

• Like 4
On 4/1/2024 at 4:31 PM, gaPeach said:

Lindsey is an expert at making Karl feel as though he is the one that is wrong.  At least on the surface he seems to.  I think he is slowly simmering below the surface and is a walking time bomb.

And Lindsey is totally gaslighting Karl.  And any comments she makes to the girls about Karl, she knows full well will get back to Karl. She is no spring chicken when it comes filming a reality show.

When you get a chance to watch early seasons, you can see that Lindsey has NEVER respected her partners or her friends.  She has some serious unresolved abandonment issues, or something, that push her into these rages on the slightest provocation, real or imagined.  She should not be in a long-term relationship and definitely should not consider getting married.

Look at what she did to Danielle last season, look at the ‘make ME a sandwich’ from an earlier season.  She is deeply disrespectful in her relationships.  She will continue to be single and not by choice.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 3/29/2024 at 9:50 AM, snarts said:

Further, were the gender reversed, this wouldn't even be a discussion point. It's crazy to me to me that because Paige (as the desperate over 30 woman) isn't the one begging Craig (the reluctant bachelor) to propose that it means she doesn't love him or isn't committed to their future.

I never said she should be begging Craig to marry her.  Long stretch from what I said.  It's just that to me it shouldn't freak you out if your intended offers to help with your rent, especially if he's staying there part time.  You have to be in a sharing frame of mind if you plan on SHARING a life with someone.  If you're not there you shouldn't get married until you are there.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2