Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Halo

• Start Topic

PARPUS_HALO_208_UHD_2624763_1920x1080.jp

(Season Finale)

The climactic battle for the Halo begins. John makes a fateful choice. Soren and Kwan undertake a rescue mission. Halsey and Miranda unleash an ancient horror. 

Premiere Date: March 21, 2024      Paramount+ 

• Thanks 1

And finally we get to The Flood. One of the best kept secrets in video game history. Not crazy about their reveal, but it will do I guess. 

The rest was decent. I figured the "interviewer" at the beginning was going to be Guilty Spark.

Since this series has next to nothing to do with game and book canon now, can we discuss the differences?

• Like 1

Covenant and Humans debate the Friend of My Enemy argument to defeat the parasites?

How much oxygen does Kai have? Enough until next season?

Ackerson is in the clear... everybody that outranks him is dead / transformed...

(edited)

Well, that was not a satisfying ending to the season.  Maybe everything ends with zombies: Halo has morphed into a futuristic version of Resident Evil.

Kwan, like John-117 and Makee, is now a chosen one with special abilities and divine destiny.  Fantastic. 

It was surprising how casual people were when everyone was turning into homicidal zombies around them.  Miranda put Halsey on ice as if nothing else mattered: no exit available and not worried that the entire facility would probably be nuked. No alarms were sounding..

Thank goodness Perez survived the entire season. Without her, there would be so few prominent female characters .. other than Cortana, Halsey, Miranda, Kwan, Makee, Riz, Kai, Admiral Parangosky, Laera and the mystical white-haired woman.

At this point, I am not interested in seeing more Halo.  .. never played the game, so there is no bias for or against the show for that.  For me, it is just not a satisfying viewing experience. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Like 1

I came around to really dig this series after a slow start… until the end. Up until then it had a Space:  Above & Beyond feel. The parasite/zombie stuff was a disappointment. I don’t know the video game mythology, but “fighting” a parasite is rarely interesting. It only works if the parasite is sentient and we can understand its goal and strategies beyond “spread.” Otherwise it is like watching people fight a flood. 

• Like 1