Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: Past Is Present

• Start Topic

Danny reunites with a troublesome teenager from a past case when the youth finds herself in danger. Also, Frank faces a difficult personnel decision close to home; Jamie grows suspicious when Henry is asked to be interviewed for an investigative web series; and Erin and Anthony investigate when Erin is the alleged target of a shooting, on BLUE BLOODS, Friday, March 15 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

(edited)

When Frank made his announcement at the dinner table about Joe's murderer son being a cop I wondered why Joe wasn't there, his opinion mattered more than Eddie who had no business speaking.

I'm glad that Frank met Joe one on one later. Then brought him in at the end to meet the cop. 

I didn't think Anthony was the target. Lol 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 4

Great episode! The whole Anthony was the target plot felt so rushed but it was good, didn't see that coming.

It was really nice to see Danny being reasonable about Joe's murderer's son, Erin wanted to punish a guy she never met for something his dad did? So unreasonable.

The Henry plot was handled really well, I was expecting Jamie to save the day but his grandpa still has it! Nice twist

3 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

She was at the dinner table. But no Eddie centric story this week. 

I meant no self righteous Eddie story, I like her partner but I really dislike her storylines

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, TheCathedral said:

It was really nice to see Danny being reasonable about Joe's murderer's son, Erin wanted to punish a guy she never met for something his dad did? So unreasonable.

He lied (by omission) on his application. That's why he could have been fired.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, zoey1996 said:

He lied (by omission) on his application. That's why he could have been fired.

I know but I understand why he did it, the episode was well written

• Like 3

When Joe asked the other officer how old he was when his dad killed Joe Reagan, and the guy said "14," all I could think of was how can you blame a guy for something his dad did when he was a kid.

And Danny has a soft spot for kids who screw up, probably based on his own yout'

• Like 5
26 minutes ago, kwnyc said:

When Joe asked the other officer how old he was when his dad killed Joe Reagan, and the guy said "14," all I could think of was how can you blame a guy for something his dad did when he was a kid.

And Danny has a soft spot for kids who screw up, probably based on his own yout'

Exactly! And it's not like the officer was making excuses for his dad, he just wanted to be a cop, the actor did a really good job during the interaction with Joe Hill

• Like 7
(edited)

This episode should have been called, “Sins of the father”. I do understand the “alias” rule during the police application process (can you imagine?). The rest was entertaining for a change and I’m glad the reporter was fair. I really thought Pops had stepped in it with all the waivers he signed and the fact she seemed to be shying away from the “preview” she promised him. Really glad that turned out positively.

Edited by Daff
  • Like 5

Bridget Moynahan directed this episode. 👍🏻

Is it really necessary to bring back 2 annoying side characters in the final season? I have never liked Alison and Trina. Their know-it-all attitudes are very off putting.

Jamie’s concern about Henry being on Alison’s show is valid. She is the kind of person who always has an agenda.

Anthony has made it to Manhattan’s Most Hated list. Congrats bruh! 👏🏻 

“The job lets me connect to my dad.”

“The job lets me pay back something for what he did.”

This moment between Mike McPhadden and Joe Hill is well done. Am glad Joe doesn’t react negatively towards Mike, like Erin did during Sunday dinner.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Is it really necessary to bring back 2 annoying side characters in the final season? I have never liked Alison and Trina. Their know-it-all attitudes are very off putting.

I agree wholeheartedly, and the actress playing Trina did a horrendous job during the crying scene, that was so cringe.

• Like 4
(edited)

I was also waiting for Eddie to say at the family dinner: "As the only person at this table whose father is a convicted felon, I'm sure glad you don't treat ME this way."

(Presumably Eddie didn't lie about her father on her application.)

Edited by kwnyc
  • Like 2
On 3/15/2024 at 11:32 PM, Artsda said:

I didn't think Anthony was the target.

One thing that bugged me about that... Anthony had already walked away from the table, he was going to get the car. The shooter bursts it, yells at the table, and starts firing. Anthony shoots him because he's standing away from the action.

Wouldn't the shooter aim at Anthony, and not the table (since he's not sitting there)? That didn't make sense to me.

I need to go back and watch that scene again. I'm saying all this from memory, maybe it was laid out different than I remember.

• Like 2