Type keyword(s) to search

S:39.20 Reunion Pt. 1

• Start Topic

The good: We got to see a little of Horatio, even though he wasn't physically there. 

The bad: Nobody jumped on Jay yet. Maybe Part 2 (also the bad, there is a part 2)

The ugly: Callum 

• Like 1

I didn't even remember Callum being on this season.  And someone said something about a Jess or Jessica.  Another imaginary person.  No recall.

I did kinda laugh at Laurel telling Jay and Michelle they need to change their gameplay because it doesn't work and they shot back that it works just fine, thankyouverymuch.  

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, bunnyface said:

I did kinda laugh at Laurel telling Jay and Michelle they need to change their gameplay because it doesn't work and they shot back that it works just fine, thankyouverymuch.  

Michelle only didn't make it to the final because of the automatic out for coming in last. Jay did make it, so I guess it did work for them THIS season. Future seasons, hard to know and unlikely. 

I don't know why Melissa and Big T in their matchy clothes and tiaras annoyed me but they did. 

6 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

I don't know why Melissa and Big T in their matchy clothes and tiaras annoyed me but they did. 

Even if/when she's in the right, Melissa's immature approach to any conversation--loudly talking/shouting over anyone who disagrees with her--makes me not want to take her side.  Of course if she actually shut up and listened and then gave a respectful response, she wouldn't bring the drama and probably wouldn't be asked back.

• Like 3
(edited)

I'm old enough to remember when Reunions weren't epic clusterfucks full of shouting and finger-pointing. I think my fave part of Part One was the flashback of Coral explaining that she wears a 32DD bra, and that one boob alone could kick Julie's ass. Good times.

Honestly, how much worse would things have been had Berna been there? Not much, I think. I found myself thinking stuff like "Shut up, Jay's hat" and "Shut up, Asaf's hair." I forgot about Asaf in the last few episodes. I didn't realize how lucky I was.

At least we have the illusion that All Stars 4 will make everything better after S39. I'm thinking someone unknown like Kefla wins, and that's why Paramount shelved the series until now. Also, Nicole has the cheat codes to Laurel's heart.

ETA: Emanuel's outfit . . . what the fuck. I read somebody thinking he looked like a backup dancer for Michael Jackson. Looking at the epaulets, I can see that.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I’m surprised that we got so little of Ravyn and Kyland, but hopefully this changes in part 2.

It’s a shame that Moriah doesn’t get much screen time during the regular season. I don’t think a single person on that stage has an issue with her, which is a rare feat. 

I’m snickering at Cara Maria and Aneesa still not getting along, years later. I caught Cara Maria’s “that’s Aneesa,” in response to Olivia wondering why Aneesa would shit-talk her, days after singing her praises. And Cara Maria going “well, Aneesa has lost the most eliminations.”

Horacio really does seem too pure for this franchise.

Edited by jsm1125
  • Like 2

I don't know why Callum is even bothering trying to beat the cheating allegations. Just own it. I'd be shocked if he gets a return invite; he's only at the reunion so Michelle can confront him about lying to her.

I know Nurys is telling everyone her timeline for engagement, marriage, and babies, but I could potentially see trouble ahead for this couple. He's very low-key and kind, and clearly doesn't want drama with anyone. I could see Nurys struggling with him not harboring grudges or being angry on her behalf, or continuing friendships with people like Olivia when Nurys is done with her. 

Laurel and Cara Maria's friendship is one of the true challenge staples. It's weathered so many ups and downs over such a long period of time. It's nice to see the respect they still have for one another. 

• Like 2
(edited)

Devin to Emanuel: "You won the season of losers."

I hate having to applaud Devin, but damn.

And then we discover Emanuel completed the Sudoku only because he copied Colleen's -- and that it wasn't shown on camera.   Could it be that BMP didn't want to be seen crowning a guy whose prize-clinching challenge was won by a petty act of cheating?   How would that have looked?  Giving the prize to a cheater over the woman who came in second and did it entirely on her own strength?

Edited by millennium
On 3/1/2024 at 11:02 PM, jsm1125 said:

I’m snickering at Cara Maria and Aneesa still not getting along, years later. I caught Cara Maria’s “that’s Aneesa,” in response to Olivia wondering why Aneesa would shit-talk her, days after singing her praises. And Cara Maria going “well, Aneesa has lost the most eliminations.”

Remember when The Challenge opening used to include snippets of players' outbursts from the current season?   My favorite was the season (I can't recall which) when the opening always featured Cara Maria on the club bus shouting "Shut up, Aneesa!"

Of course, those openings don't compare to the golden-age Challenge openings, i.e., the haka dance and other "cultural appropriations" (we're so uptight today they couldn't be done anymore).

• Love 1
On 3/1/2024 at 1:16 AM, Lantern7 said:

ETA: Emanuel's outfit . . . what the fuck. I read somebody thinking he looked like a backup dancer for Michael Jackson. Looking at the epaulets, I can see that

I think Emanuel's OTT appearance is just another attempt to mask the emptiness within.  He looked like a sequined third-world dictator.

I don't understand why the women on these reunions dress like little girls playing dress-up with their moms' clothes and makeup.   That impression was reinforced by Big T and Melissa with the ridiculous tiaras.  Olivia looked like an old, sad drunk trying to appear younger than she is.   And what's with the white fingernails?   Is that supposed to be attractive?  I don't get it.  

On 3/31/2024 at 3:32 PM, millennium said:

Remember when The Challenge opening used to include snippets of players' outbursts from the current season?   My favorite was the season (I can't recall which) when the opening always featured Cara Maria on the club bus shouting "Shut up, Aneesa!"

Of course, those openings don't compare to the golden-age Challenge openings, i.e., the haka dance and other "cultural appropriations" (we're so uptight today they couldn't be done anymore).

Battle of the Bloodlines. That yell also featured Cara’s Boston accent peeking through, and it made my year. 

• Love 1