Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Welcome To The Other Butlers

• Start Topic

Calvin and Tina are looking to remodel their home when they uncover discriminatory processes with their bank's appraiser. Meanwhile, Marty asks Trey for fatherly advice on co-parenting with Courtney, on THE NEIGHBORHOOD, Monday, Feb. 26 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+

I am confused. Did the writers think it was going to be good television turning Marty into such a bumbling, scared idiot who is mistreated by this random woman, whose acting ability is nothing to write home about by the way? It sucks there is such a big focus on this storyline, it's annoying, not entertaining.

• Like 2

This whole pregnancy storyline is very out of character for Marty.  There were some traces of old Marty in the micromanaging, but not in a good way.  His enthusiasm when they started whiteboarding Operation Baby hinted at the old Marty.  Not a fan.  I like Marty when he's in a good relationship, and in awe and wonderment about it.  He was a good partner to his ex, and cute with it.

However, back to the A plot, I nearly died at the "I've got all three Kenny's: Loggins, Rogers, and G!" line.  Then again at the end when Calvin kept back one of the albums, saying something like "This G guy has it going on..."

• Like 3

When they were leaving the room after talking to the bank official,, when Dave went briefly back into character as the White Butler it seemed the Dave actor was briefly imitating Cedric. Good A plot though I’m surprised the writers hadn’t done that kind of plot before

I thought Marty and Courtney gaming out their pregnancy ideas on the white board was pretty cute given what nerds they both are

• Like 3

Perfect casting of Ever Carradine as the bank loan customer handler.

25 minutes ago, DanaK said:

thought Marty and Courtney gaming out their pregnancy ideas on the white board was pretty cute given what nerds they both are

Agreed. More of this, please.

• Like 1

They've taken all the fun out of Marty, plus Malcolm isn't as fun without a sidekick. Courtney isn't funny or likeable and has no chemistry with Marty. I did like Necie though. 

• Like 2