Type keyword(s) to search

The Road to Paris 2024

• Start Topic

As we're anticipating the start of the Olympic Games, please use this thread to chat about everything Olympics related leading up to the opening ceremony. A full Olympics forum will be up once we get closer to the Games.

Thank you and happy posting.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

In gymnastics news, Suni Lee and Gabby Douglas have both entered the Winter Classic competition scheduled for February 24. The US team is going to be stacked with amazing gymnasts this year, so many incredibly talented and experienced athletes. 

• Like 2

I'm really a winter Olympics fan but I love watching the summer O's opening & closing ceremonies. Watching all the athletes walking into the stadium, waving their countries' flags, always gives me a good feeling. Saw the Ralph Lauren uniforms for the USA team (sorry...don't have a link). They're typical Ralph style: preppy looking (opening ceremony) but cute & fun. Some design critic said the preppy look doesn't reflect the US today (well, did it ever?). Not sure how they'll look on the *big* guys.

• Like 1
(edited)

I did not care for the jeans on the opening ceremony outfits. The closing ceremony outfits look better (albeit making the athletes look like they're NASCAR drivers) but are wildly inappropriate for the Summer Olympics -- they look absolutely sweltering. I sweat just thinking about wearing that in August.

I've been so happy to watch the swimming trials this week, though I feel out of touch because there are so many top swimmers who I didn't know. Can't wait for the Olympics!

Michael Phelps needs to stop calling them “girls” instead of women.

Edited by Souris
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Does anyone know if we will be getting a 2024 Olympics area here like we did for the last few Olympics?

Yes, according to the first post in this thread. Can't wait!

• Like 2

Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone just won her opening heat by 18+ meters.  I have to wonder if she's going to run under 50 seconds.  She's just incredible.

• Like 1