Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Episode 12

• Start Topic

AAAABZ9_MHNxbZZs8CZ7z_e4zq4eNHt3xRl9ZeUf

1999. A troubled Dexter visits Emma, who's thriving in Paris. As they wander the streets, the memory of their encounter months before hangs in the air.

Premiere Date: February 8, 2024    Netflix  

It's about time you two.  

I was sad to see Emma still thinking that Dexter saw her as a backup and not as the absolute love of his life.  I got so frustrated that he started to explain it and got interrupted by the very French Jean Pierre.  

Loved the image of Emma watching him shower again and this time it being totally different.   This time, it is him wanting her and her not sure if she wants a relationship.   

Glad she came back and they stopped pretending with one another.  

• Like 5

The Before Sunset vibes. Set in Paris. Two characters reuniting. Walking and talking. Man with marital issues. Girl with a boyfriend. A cafe scene. A garret scene. Discussing a previous sexual encounter. Just needed Emma singing to Nina Simone. Loved it all. 

• Like 2
On 2/13/2024 at 10:38 PM, memememe76 said:

The Before Sunset vibes. Set in Paris. Two characters reuniting. Walking and talking. Man with marital issues. Girl with a boyfriend. A cafe scene. A garret scene. Discussing a previous sexual encounter. Just needed Emma singing to Nina Simone. Loved it all. 

I was thinking the same thing as I watched this episode! It seemed like an homage to the 2nd installment of the best trilogy ever. 

I thought it was an interesting choice to make their first sexual encounter happen off-screen. I wish we could've seen it. But I also appreciate the contrast of the first time being "just sex," and this time being much more meaningful for both of them. 

• Like 2