Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Wrath of Comic-Con

• Start Topic

NUP_203250_00021.jpg

When a childhood friend comes to visit, Abby is forced to confront the fact that she might actually dislike someone; Dan embraces Comic-Con and finds a potential love connection with a woman who has sworn to destroy him.

Premiere Date: Tuesday, January 30, 2024      NBC    8:30pm  

NUP_203250_00685.jpg      

Jessica St. Clair as Heather

NUP_203250_00576.jpg

Wendie Malick as Julianne

• Like 1
(edited)

Very fun episode. Incorporating New York Comic Con into the was a great idea. It fits with the show perfectly. I'd love to see it become a regular part of every season because it works so well. I used to go to NYCC years ago so it's always fun to see it brought up.

3-4 episodes in and Wyatt is proving to be a much better fit for this show than Neil ever was.

A lot of fun with the Larroquette Star Trek stuff.

Very glad they brought back the always great Wendie Malick. Her character is a lot of fun and I like the screwy relationship she and Dan have. It's exactly the kind of the Dan would get himself into.

Edited by benteen
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, benteen said:

3-4 episodes in and Wyatt is proving to be a much better fit for this show than Neil ever was.

Very glad they brought back the always great Wendie Malick. Her character is a lot of fun and I like the screwy relationship she and Dan have. It's exactly the kind of 5himg Dan would get himself into.

Agreed on both of these comments especially. I'm glad Wyatt's a part of the cast now, he's fitting in quite nicely. 

• Like 1

Yup, I really enjoyed it. The only real beef I have is they're hitting the laff track a bit too hard. Give the jokes a bit of room to breath. (It's part of the reason I stopped watching SitComs in general; I find the Laff Track too distracting and annoying). 

The cast is really starting to click together and find their rhythms, and John going Klingon (again) was fun. 

I echo that I hope a Comic-Con ep becomes an annual thing for the show. It's so ripe for the absurdity that the show thrives on. 

• Like 4

This was well-worth watching if only to see John Larroquette play Maltz again. All we needed was his big line:  "I do not deserve to live!"  But we did get "Con!"

• LOL 3
(edited)

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock.  It's the only time he was Maltz, but it was memorable!

I'm enjoying this season more; not sure why, but I'm liking that they're using actors that are absolutely comfortable chewing the scenery like they're starving to death.  That was part of what I really liked in the old version: it wasn't afraid to be both silly and outrageous.  And I think they're toning down the "learning life lessons in 22 minutes" that the first season really leaned into; it's still there, but muted a bit.

Edited by Fosca
  • Like 5