Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: These Are Not the Droids You Are Looking For

• Start Topic

02/07/2024 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Goodwin is worried after an accident lands two people close to her in the E.D. Archer returns to Med and treats a man worried about a family curse. Maggie and Zola help a patient on a cross-country road trip.

25 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Anyone else watching?

Zola is creative but she needs to be on a very short leash, though maybe Archer should have fired her

• Like 1
(edited)

This episode was more interesting than the previous ones this season. I enjoyed the reappearance of Drs. Cuevas and Johnson and Sharon's ex-husband.

On a shallow note, I'm kinda bothered by Sharon's boyfriend's scraggly beard. It looks makes him look unkempt.

5 hours ago, DanaK said:

Zola is creative but she needs to be on a very short leash, though maybe Archer should have fired her

Seriously. How many times are they going to threaten her and not do anything.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Like 1

I'm watching. I'm interested in seeing where they go with Sharon and Burt, as it relates to her new relationship. I feel like they need to do more with Dr. Charles.  I love him, and am curious whatever happened with his romance with the his girlfriend and her shady brother. Did I miss something or forget? It's been so long I may have lost that thread. I am looking forward to see the back and forth with him and the new doctor and how their past history affects the present.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, katycat74 said:

I'm watching. I'm interested in seeing where they go with Sharon and Burt, as it relates to her new relationship. I feel like they need to do more with Dr. Charles.  I love him, and am curious whatever happened with his romance with the his girlfriend and her shady brother. Did I miss something or forget? It's been so long I may have lost that thread. I am looking forward to see the back and forth with him and the new doctor and how their past history affects the present.

I think they just haven't picked back up on it with the new season amidst trying to restart after the strikes. I think they left it at the brother not being so sure about Charles and vice versa and the sister trying to step out from his shadow and have a relationship with Charles

Forty thousand sinigle men in Chicago and Hannah has to once again date a colleague? Don’t get me wrong,new doc is hot and I’d definitely go for him. But is she planning to sleep her way through the ED?

• Like 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Forty thousand sinigle men in Chicago and Hannah has to once again date a colleague? Don’t get me wrong,new doc is hot and I’d definitely go for him. But is she planning to sleep her way through the ED?

Apparently so. She has not had very good luck with the men she dates. Maybe she needs to take a little time to get to know them before starting something more than friendship.

Edited by Attatude
  • Like 1
(edited)
On 2/8/2024 at 6:27 PM, mrsbagnet said:

Seriously. How many times are they going to threaten her and not do anything.

Agree. If the medical boards in the states at her previous hospitals were aware of what she did there they would have pulled her medical license ages ago. No resident gets 3+ chances when they disregard ethics, policies, procedures, the law, etc.. as much as she has. Her time as a doc would have ended long ago.

They mentioned she was at the Mayo Clinic previously. I grew up in MN and have a serious condition that was diagnosed at Mayo and missed by several other hospitals. I’ve been dealing with it for 20 years and every time I relocate for work I have to find a facility and physicians that halve a  solid understanding of a very rare condition and I still go back to Mayo twice a year. You have to be a superstar to get a job there and they are highly competitive. There is no way a person with her ethics would have ever been employed there. Even if she had managed to make the cut somehow, they would not have just let her go without notifying the medical licensing board of her unethical actions as they are obligated to do so. They could run into legal issues later on if it is discovered they knew she was not following ethics and protocol and left her free to go potentially harm people elsewhere. The fact that she is still a practicing physician is a joke and this whole storyline irritates me as it is so far fetched.

She’s been at Med a couple of months maybe? In that time she has done multiple shady things, any one of which would end her medical career and the worst punishment she gets is having to miss out on some of her weekends to take a medical ethics course? This show constantly harps on liability and being afraid of lawsuits due to docs going rogue. So Halstead kept getting punished for his cowboy behavior and then left as he knew he exposed the hospital to a lot of liability and likely would have been fired anyway and this girl just has to miss some weekend time for an ethics class? Totally inconsistent with how Med works, especially as they are for profit now and have many other things to consider when docs go rogue. I’m all for advocating for your patient, but the behaviors here are willfully negligent.

Edited by Rapunel
  • Like 3