Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: The Scepter and the Sword

• Start Topic

AAAABfRTTMa5htozYd4L9YbQxSaPreT-P26i8gUO

Magic and tech spark chaos in a climactic battle for Castle Grayskull. Can our heroes — and a selfless act — restore hope for Eternia's future?

Premiere Date: January 25, 2024    Netflix         

(edited)

Definite improvement over S1, Evil-Lynn continues to be the standout. I swear last season (well, S1.0, didn't come back for 1.5) Teela and Andra how a little something something going on, weird to see them going all fanfic with He-Man/Teela.

Melissa Benoist did a better job voicing Teela, SMG just sounded like SMG, it didn't work last year. I did find it hilarious thar Teela/ He- Man got together since Melissa and Chris are married.  I had no idea William Shatner voiced Keldor, I swore it was J.K Simmons

I found Serpent Teela too funny, she reminded me of Serpentor in G.I. Joe and the new He-Man look was too much like Thor.  I liked the revelation that Skeletor was Keltor and Adam's actual Uncle, turning Eternia into a Democratic Republic didn't feel right, IMO.

Edited by Morrigan2575
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Melissa Benoist did a better job voicing Teela, SMG just sounded like SMG, it didn't work last year.

I was going to say the same thing!! Melissa is a VAST IMPROVEMENT. I couldn’t stand Sarah’s take. And I was disappointed that Alicia Silverstone didn’t reprise the Queen.

At first I thought the Motherboard was CCH Pounder at first, but credits revealed it was Meg Foster!

And Goliath  Keith David playing a villain!  NOOOOOO!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

new He-Man look was too much like Thor

Get out of my head! I thought the same thing! I expected Chris to start speaking with an English accent!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think I mentioned this last season, but it was a mini Justice League reunion for me: Kevin Conroy* (last season Mer-Man), Susan Eisenberg (Teela’s Mum), Phil LaMarr, Mark Hamill.

*I still miss him. And I got all teary watching the Revelation after show interview with him.

So I'm not the only one that thought Melissa Benoist was a better Teela than SMG.  Shatner, I knew right away especially when he said "I'm laughing at the superior intellect." (Wrath of Khan FTW!) The one that really threw me was Granamyr.  I first thought it was Erik Todd Dellums, but then in the credits I saw it was John DeLancie!  Actually, between Shatner, John DeLancie and Gates McFadden, we had a sort of Star Trek gathering.

Didn't think of it in the moment, but, yeah, He-Man did look a lot like Thor.  Abolishing the monarchy and going straight into the elections of representative democracy felt weird and out of place.  How come no one tries elective monarchy, direct democracy or an anarcho-syndicalist commune?

All in all it wasn't bad, and an improvement over Revelation, and I agree that Evil-Lyn or now just Lyn was the standout, her story arc was probably the most interesting and Lena Heady was spot on.  They brought some moral complexity to the crazy cartoon about toys I watched 40 years ago, so yeah, I'd probably be in for another season.

• Like 1

Not seeing any responses in the other show threads, I thought no one had watched this. I, too, am down for another season! 

I loved Lyn's redemption arc. She is now a Cosmic Enforcer; hopefully she will pop in from time to time.

I'm glad Teela (Tri-Sorceress?) was able to bring Preternia back, release her mother from Grayskull, and finally get her man.  

I wonder if Adam is going to help in the demolition duties and clean up of the former palace? 

On 1/27/2024 at 7:44 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

Definite improvement over S1, Evil-Lynn continues to be the standout. I swear last season (well, S1.0, didn't come back for 1.5) Teela and Andra how a little something something going on, weird to see them going all fanfic with He-Man/Teela.

Melissa Benoist did a better job voicing Teela, SMG just sounded like SMG, it didn't work last year. I did find it hilarious thar Teela/ He- Man got together since Melissa and Chris are married.  I had no idea William Shatner voiced Keldor, I swore it was J.K Simmons

I found Serpent Teela too funny, she reminded me of Serpentor in G.I. Joe and the new He-Man look was too much like Thor.  I liked the revelation that Skeletor was Keltor and Adam's actual Uncle, turning Eternia into a Democratic Republic didn't feel right, IMO.

Well, as long as Adam doesn't start speaking with an Asgardian accent, I can rock with his new He-Man look. I'm not as deep into He-Man lore; was Keltor ever mentioned before?

14 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

I'm not as deep into He-Man lore; was Keltor ever mentioned before?

Apparently there is a ton of Lore that I knew nothing about.  I watched some videos on S2 and, they mentioned that this lined up with the comics which retcon'd Skeletor's backstory to make him Keldor/Adam's Uncle.

Another thing from the videos which, you have to be a huge He-Man/Masters of the Universe fan to catch...

Spoiler

Apparently the girl that showed up to "save" Hordak was She-Ra, in the comics She-Ra was corrupted by the Horde and became Despara

• Like 1