Type keyword(s) to search

Season Six: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes...

• Start Topic

(edited)
59 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Out with Rene Balcer and Deakins, in with Warren Leight and Ross. Not to mention, Logan gets [another!] new partner...

BOOOOOOOI!!!

Also Carver leaves and we get ASSHOLE ROSS!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

BOOOOOOOI!!!

Also Carver leaves and we get ASSHOLE ROSS!

Well, I did mention Ross, but you covered the overall description well. LOL!

• Like 2

As I’ve said before, I loathe a lot of season 6 and I loathe the changes that came with it - Deakins replaced by asshat Ross, Carver gone with no explanation and the legal stuff vanishing along with him, the style changes to make the show more melodramatic and introducing soapy stuff, taking away Goren’s mojo and giving him a bunch of baggage, Wheeler was dull as dirt etc.

For some reason they completely changed the show to try to make it more “trendy” it seems and the show lost its magic. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
47 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

As I’ve said before, I loathe a lot of season 6 and I loathe the changes that came with it - Deakins replaced by asshat Ross, Carver gone with no explanation and the legal stuff vanishing along with him, the style changes to make the show more melodramatic and introducing soapy stuff, taking away Goren’s mojo and giving him a bunch of baggage, Wheeler was dull as dirt etc.

For some reason they completely changed the show to try to make it more “trendy” it seems and the show lost its magic. 

Oh and those stupid pop songs at beginning of each episode. Some of them were good songs but when you heard them, you knew it was going to be a shitty episode.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh and those stupid pop songs at beginning of each episode. Some of them were good songs but when you heard them, you knew it was going to be a shitty episode.

Yep, again an attempt to make the show more “trendy”. It was stupid what they did, the show lost its uniqueness and just became a soapy mess.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't know; I did like "Albatross", the episode where the Congresswoman tried to have her hubby whacked during that historical duel reenactment.

And "Privilege", where Goren told the scumbag son trying to let his mother die via neglect for the money to "SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!"

They both had popular music, but I thought those episodes were pretty good.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't know; I did like "Albatross", the episode where the Congresswoman tried to have her hubby whacked during that historical duel reenactment.

And "Privilege", where Goren told the scumbag son trying to let his mother die via neglect for the money to "SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!"

They both had popular music, but I thought those episodes were pretty good.

The 3 episode run of World’s Fair, Privilege and Albatross are the best part of season 6 of CI. Those were 3 strong episodes, more in line with classic CI than the soapy mess the rest of the season was.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Season 6 started last night on Charge, and it’s amazing how far the show fell from greatness this season. Why they tampered with the formula is beyond me - if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. And Ross was such an epic shithead, from his very first scene - I watched Blind Spot last night and Ross was condescending and an ass to Goren/Eames right off the bat, not to mention he put down Deakins with his line that Deakins might’ve let Gage run all over the place or however he said it. And then in episode 2 what was the deal when Ross mentioned Barek? It implied Logan/Barek were on bad terms when she left but they weren’t. That didn’t make sense. And Wheeler had the personality of a lump of coal. Plus Carver vanished with no explanation, that sucked, although given how they sometimes trashed characters when they left maybe it’s for the best he didn’t get an exit story - I still dislike how they did Deakins exit. 
And I thought they really missed an opportunity in Blind Spot when they were searching for Eames, Logan should’ve appeared - the whole squad was running around frantic, it would’ve been awesome to see Goren/Logan work together once again. That would’ve salvaged that episode. Only thing I like about Blind Spot is how Eames managed to rescue herself after her abduction, Eames was awesome and I liked that she didn’t need the others to save her. Other than that it was a poor episode that marked the beginning of CI becoming a weaker show, they didn’t fully bounce back until season 10.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Season 6 started last night on Charge, and it’s amazing how far the show fell from greatness this season. Why they tampered with the formula is beyond me - if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. And Ross was such an epic shithead, from his very first scene - I watched Blind Spot last night and Ross was condescending and an ass to Goren/Eames right off the bat, not to mention he put down Deakins with his line that Deakins might’ve let Gage run all over the place or however he said it. And then in episode 2 what was the deal when Ross mentioned Barek? It implied Logan/Barek were on bad terms when she left but they weren’t. That didn’t make sense. And Wheeler had the personality of a lump of coal. Plus Carver vanished with no explanation, that sucked, although given how they sometimes trashed characters when they left maybe it’s for the best he didn’t get an exit story - I still dislike how they did Deakins exit. 
And I thought they really missed an opportunity in Blind Spot when they were searching for Eames, Logan should’ve appeared - the whole squad was running around frantic, it would’ve been awesome to see Goren/Logan work together once again. That would’ve salvaged that episode. Only thing I like about Blind Spot is how Eames managed to rescue herself after her abduction, Eames was awesome and I liked that she didn’t need the others to save her. Other than that it was a poor episode that marked the beginning of CI becoming a weaker show, they didn’t fully bounce back until season 10.

Right. I only watch that episode to watch VDO's reactions to Jo. You can see the emotions chasing each other across his face and in his eyes. Pity, revulsion, comprehension and finally deep sorrow and acceptance. He's a fascinating actor.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Right. I only watch that episode to watch VDO's reactions to Jo. You can see the emotions chasing each other across his face and in his eyes. Pity, revulsion, comprehension and finally deep sorrow and acceptance. He's a fascinating actor.

I hate all of the baggage they gave Goren starting this season, and especially how they started making Goren out to be someone despised by the higher ups - that made no sense to me, after all of the big cases Goren had solved it seems like he would’ve been loved by the higher ups. Goren seemed to lose his liveliness and mojo for the most part and carried around heavy baggage instead. Made the show a lot less enjoyable. Like I said, the show really went downhill this season and didn’t recover until season 10.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I hate all of the baggage they gave Goren starting this season, and especially how they started making Goren out to be someone despised by the higher ups - that made no sense to me, after all of the big cases Goren had solved it seems like he would’ve been loved by the higher ups. Goren seemed to lose his liveliness and mojo for the most part and carried around heavy baggage instead. Made the show a lot less enjoyable. Like I said, the show really went downhill this season and didn’t recover until season 10.

I have no idea what they were thinking. All  know is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. They really fucked up there.

• Like 1
On 2/18/2024 at 12:40 PM, Xeliou66 said:

And I thought they really missed an opportunity in Blind Spot when they were searching for Eames, Logan should’ve appeared - the whole squad was running around frantic, it would’ve been awesome to see Goren/Logan work together once again. That would’ve salvaged that episode. Only thing I like about Blind Spot is how Eames managed to rescue herself after her abduction, Eames was awesome and I liked that she didn’t need the others to save her.

Yes to all this! Even a mention of Logan being assigned something would have been nice. Because I can't imagine he was sitting at his desk while all this was going on. Eames is awesome in this one but still...so many missed opportunities.

On 2/18/2024 at 12:40 PM, Xeliou66 said:

And then in episode 2 what was the deal when Ross mentioned Barek? It implied Logan/Barek were on bad terms when she left but they weren’t. That didn’t make sense. And Wheeler had the personality of a lump of coal.

YES to this too. We have no idea where Barek went (and then we find out years later on SVU or do they even explain it?), and yes, Wheeler has the personality of a lump of coal is a perfect description. Barek and Logan were interesting together and Logan with Falacci had some definite fire, but Wheeler was just there on the screen. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, ML89 said:

Yes to all this! Even a mention of Logan being assigned something would have been nice. Because I can't imagine he was sitting at his desk while all this was going on. Eames is awesome in this one but still...so many missed opportunities.

YES to this too. We have no idea where Barek went (and then we find out years later on SVU or do they even explain it?), and yes, Wheeler has the personality of a lump of coal is a perfect description. Barek and Logan were interesting together and Logan with Falacci had some definite fire, but Wheeler was just there on the screen. 

Yeah the whole squad was scrambling when Eames was missing, Logan really should’ve appeared or at least been mentioned as doing something to assist. It would’ve salvaged the episode if Goren/Logan got to work together again. Only thing I like about Blind Spot is Eames rescuing herself, Eames is awesome - the rest of the episode sucked and marked the beginning of CI’s downfall, starting with Ross being a shithead from his very first scene.

They never explicitly explained where Barek went immediately after leaving Major Case on SVU. It was very weird how Logan kind of rolled his eyes after Ross mentioned Barek, and that was never explained. I liked Barek okay, and I liked Falacci as well, but Wheeler did nothing for me, dull as dirt. 

• Like 1
(edited)

Renewal is on now, this is one of the oddest episodes in the L&O franchise - I have no idea why they did the subplot about Logan and his neighbor - really strange. The main case about the girl who was a fugitive and assumed an identity and killed her boyfriend when he figured it out was interesting, but it was bogged down by the soapy Logan melodrama that really didn’t go anywhere and was never mentioned again. I did love how Logan mentioned Lennie Briscoe and that he still saw Lennie alive in his dreams. And it was nice seeing Eames assist with the arrest at the end. But it just felt really odd to have the Logan stuff going on in the background with the other case.

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Like 2