Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Soundtrack to My Life

• Start Topic

Yeah I found that curious as well. Considering how padded these final eps are, time limitations aren't really a factor. So I suspect they may have sung a song and had to cut it for legal reasons (maybe the lawsuit). Or he requested not to sing which is possible; but even if he didn't want to do a H&O song, he could've recapped one of his performance songs like they usually do. 

• Like 4

He could have re-sung "Johnny B Goode".  Keyshia Cole re-sang the Mary J Blige song.  I'm thinking he sang "Maneater" (they already made a Maneater/Anteater joke) and it got cut because of the lawsuit.

Candelabra / Keyshia Cole was robbed.  Donut belongs in the finals.  But so does she.  Thanks KEN for using the bell on Gazelle just because you thought she was your friend Constance Wu.  She's not!

I would have saved Candelabra over Gazelle.  For next season, they should have a "second chance" episode where the 6 losers from each group's final round all sing, and one of them gets the bell used on them.

But really, I would have picked Gazelle over Cow.  I think the finals should have been Donut, Candelabra, Gazelle and either Tiki or Sea Queen.

• Like 5
16 hours ago, Taeolas said:

So I suspect they may have sung a song and had to cut it for legal reasons (maybe the lawsuit).

12 hours ago, blackwing said:

I'm thinking he sang "Maneater" (they already made a Maneater/Anteater joke) and it got cut because of the lawsuit.

Yes, that makes perfect sense. Really a shame that Hall's being a dick about it. It's a fun show, so I don't see the harm in singing one abbreviated tune. Sounds like this lawsuit is going to be like a messy divorce 🙄

• Like 1

Poor John Oates. No one guessed or even considered him. (Have to admit, the growly singing voice was a surprise.) Then, he got about 20 seconds unmasked before exiting with no singing farewell (that was broadcast) and he didn't get another second of air time. A legend like him deserves better imo. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Donut was okay, but not great. And that goes for all of his performances. Definitely the weakest of the three tonight. There is some serious ass-kissing going on to have him win over those two talented, powerful, professional singers. Either one of which could have been the season winner.

I'm guessing that Oates must have sung a Hall written song and the show was forced to cut it due to the lawsuit. Depending on the timing of when the season was filmed and in the can, and when the lawsuit was filed, they may or may not have been able to have had Oates come back for a song before the season ends. Probably not.

One thing I'll say is that John Oates is 75! He looks great! He was my favourite all season but I knew from the way the show was shaping the storylines that he was going home and not even getting a chance in the showdown. 

I don't think Donut is good. He's fine. He's clearly an actor who can carry a tune, not a singer. But his story is compelling. Hard to kick off the man singing for his recently deceased wife. Plus, when Tiki went home and Sea Queen went through, I figured to keep a nice gender balance, Candelabra would go home this week and Donut would make it. 

• Like 1