Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Chapter 4: Family Secrets

• Start Topic

This is feeling purposely fake, too many coincidences….except Darby nearly dying in a crash doesn’t fit. 

Bill explaining the hereditary sneezing  is one thing, but to say a psychic told him he’d have only 1 child with someone he only slept with once was a bit too sledgehammer for me. 

• Like 9

“Serial killers start with someone they know.”

This is a clear hint to where the mystery is heading.

Andy moves to a secure location but his wife and son are left with the guests in the underground bunker. Dude is sus and selfish. This doesn’t add up with what Sian has told Darby - Andy is all about Zoomer.

Darby asks Marius to call the pacemaker manufacturer but he ignores her and gives Todd a weird look. Very sus. What’s the actual name of the pacemaker manufacturer - Hardfront (as in E03) OR Heartfront (as in E04)? Confusing subtitles.

Only limited personnel have access to the medical suite where they store morphine needles (used to kill Bill) and a WiFi home monitoring system (used to hack Rohan’s pacemaker) - Todd, Eva and Andy. The killer also needs to have an access code for the morphine cabinet. The killer is most likely a hacker.

Following the hotel-wide lockdown, why the exterior back doors haven’t been disabled? It’s mentioned that the internet has been shut down, not the “internet is down”. Anyway, the confiscation of electronic devices doesn’t make any sense.

Is Darby too naive or too trusting? Obviously Sian is on the mission to find out what Darby knows so far. Duh.

Darby and Sian tracing Rohan’s footsteps, what do they expect to find from this risky trip? They still cannot figure out what kind of plan that Rohan wanted to carry out after Bill’s death. Rohan’s emergency inflatable zodiac boat may suggests that his crews are nearby, in a ship out in the sea, waiting for next signal or instruction. Sian tells Darby that her dad also taught her Morse code plus some revelations about David. He used to be Andy’s partner and he blames Lee for taking Andy’s focus away.

Why Sian has to drive on high speed on icy road, like a crazy person? Is the car being remotely hacked and she has lost control of it? It doesn’t make sense. Darby has stopped talking once she realizes that Sian is quite a hacker herself.

When they find a car in the middle of nowhere, they get in and take off their helmets. The camera lingers on the placement of the helmets at the backseat. Is Darby the intended target?

Andy performing emergency tracheotomy on Sian - is it to save her or to silence her from spilling more corporate secrets to Darby? Why Darby and Sian aren’t treated by the in-house EMT?

A psychic’s prediction about Bill having one kid with someone who he slept with one time is an obvious foreshadowing. Zoomer’s ACHOO syndrome reveal feels clunky. It could be a misdirect or there’s more to this genetic connection. 🤔

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 2
On 11/28/2023 at 10:57 AM, tired and hungry said:

Why do I have a feeling the killer is that AI butler.

I was just going to say the same thing. Like the Terminator, when the machines turned against humans.

I'm still watching, and I'd been thinking about Bill and Zoomer, since he'd hooked up with Lee, and then she married Andy. It's strange that Lee said they bonded over their fear of AI, and then she married Andy. I guess he could protect her, after she was doxxed. 

Emma Corrin's facial expressions reminded me of Jodie Foster's. 

Edited by Anela
  • Like 2