Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Power Powder Respect

• Start Topic

Tommy orchestrates the grand finale of his long game to take over Chicago's drug world. When he is faced with devastating personal sacrifices, he finds that he might just lose more than he ever stood to gain.

Air date: November 10, 2023

There goes Diamond thinking he could trust Jenard, telling him that they stole from Miguel and blamed the Serbs.

D-Mac does a great impression of JP. 😂😂😂

D-Mac is one of those types, the type where his brain always defaults to the dumbest option.

Great! so they leave us on a cliffhanger with Vic… 😑All that build up just to leave us on a cliffhanger.

if I was Stacy, I’d take the win and leverage it for all it’s worth. She got the Serbs, a Flynn, and a major cartel. That’s a huge win, and she’s acting like a sour puss, granted she lost an officer.

• Like 4

On 11/10/2023 at 5:10 AM, AntFTW said:

It was funny!

I hope Claudia is really dead. I don't want to hear next season: a doc got to her in time to save her. I would have expected Tommy to do it himself.

So, Claudia's supposedly last time on the show didn't require a final nude scene. Not what the fans wanted. I hope she learned a valuable lesson to never wear high heels to a drug deal.

When did that woman know it was the right time to stab Claudia? Tommy to her: "Use your Special Hearing, when I say Liliana ....go shank Claudia".

If Claudia is dead, we better not see Elise next season trying to run the Irish business. She should have been there to get killed or arrested too.

I must admit: Claudia did look good laying in bags of trash! She looked at home!

Stacy has higher standards than the rest! Bullshit! She should have arrested Tommy a long time ago just for faking his death and being a fugitive. 

Now, Stacy trying to put the blame on Difranco. Stacy is trash. That marriage is over.

Tommy has 100 lives. He has a bug in his apartment and the Feds never got anything incriminating. Unreal! I'm sure they missed the part when Tommy told Kate he has coke for her. Tommy probably banged Mireya quietly so the Feds can't get intel on how intense and/or how long he strokes.

Of course, he survives shots from useless/have no aim Nico. Surprised Tommy got cut and a little blood came out. Did Tommy drive around the city with shot out windows or did Tommy take it to the guy that can fix his car in 8 minutes before he picked up Vic?

How can Miguel send "ONE" guy (Naci) after Tommy? SMH! He went with a full team after the Serbs last week. 

Tommy was so full of himself. Telling Diamond, it's all about him and Jenard to pour Che another drink. So disrespectful. Diamond and Jenard should have ordered everyone at the bar to beat his ass after Che left.

Kate doesn't hold back: "You are fucking the nurse?". Then she tries to warn Mireya to stay away from Tommy and Mireya refuses to listen like she knows Tommy SO well.

When Kate was laying on the ground over dosed, what was JP doing upstairs all that time?  

Jenard got his Lambo back.  At least the Serb treated it with respect and kept it nice and clean. 

Vic should have packed his bags and left the city as soon as he left Claudia at the mansion and passed the recording to the Feds. 

Why is Vic entering the name "Stacy" in his phone? 

Tommy made Vic wait for hours. He could have addressed Vic directly about flipping on the Feds but instead he went drinking.

Why did the Travel agency write "Te amo/I love you" on the envelope? Getting a little personal with your customer??!!!

JP can't buy a flat screen TV for the house? How is that rabbit ears TV still working?

JP is a hypocrite.  Last season, he was begging Tommy to get in the drug game. Now he doesn't want anything to do with Tommy as Kate OD on drugs. When his money dries out, he'll be running back to Tommy.

Marshall gave Dmac the gun to "calm his ass down" like a parent giving a crying child a pacifier. Then Marshall tells Dmac the Mad Dog story, he "can't be Killed" and Dmac leaves with the gun. Did Marshall really expect Dmac to understand the ramifications? Marshall did all that just to get his Dmac out his apartment, so he can get some sleep. Marshall is an idiot!

Then Dmac is easily recognized on the street after shooting Mad Dog. This will backfire on Diamond. Please have DMac ended next season.

Was Tommy really going to go to Barcelona? Tommy doesn't take vacations (maybe a day trip to the zoo) and wouldn't trust anyone in CBI running daily operations. Maybe Tommy sent the pic of him and Mireya to Miguel first just to get out of going on the trip before Shanti and Jenard sent their pic!!!

Mireya learned a valuable lesson in the Power Universe, if you make "happy" plans, it never works out. I am not buying Miguel would kill his sister.

What was the last important play Tommy had for Shanti? It must have been an awful plan that required Shanti to up the time to send Miguel the pic so Tommy can go away.

Claudia: "My family has half the cops on their payroll!"

Difranco: "Yeah! Not this half!"

A good season but Tommy's plot armor was on extra thick the entire time!

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
29 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

When did that woman know it was the right time to stab Claudia? Tommy to her: "Use your Special Hearing, when I say Liliana ....go shank Claudia".

😂🤣🤣😂

33 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

I must admit: Claudia did look good lying in bags of trash! She looked at home!

Damn! You are ruthless! LMAO

34 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Stacy has higher standards than the rest! Bullshit! She should have arrested Tommy a long time ago just for faking his death and being a fugitive. 

Now, Stacy trying to put the blame on Difranco. Stacy is trash. That marriage is over.

I said the same thing. DiFranco will be sending those divorce papers soon.

36 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Of course, he survives shots from useless/have no aim Nico. Surprised Tommy got cut and a little blood came out. Did Tommy drive around the city with shot out windows or did Tommy take it to the guy that can fix his car in 8 minutes before he picked up Vic?

I was looking at that scene like "did he get his car fixed? What am I missing?"

36 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Tommy has 100 lives.

Apparently, so does his car.

38 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Why is Vic entering the name "Stacy" in his phone? 

And when they talk, knowing Vic is around Tommy and other crew, and they don't use coded language or code word?

40 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Jenard got his Lambo back.  At least the Serb treated it with respect and kept it nice and clean.

And they kept up with the leather and everything.

59 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Marshall gave Dmac the gun to "calm his ass down" like a parent giving a crying child a pacifier.

I didn't people hand out guns to people to keep them calm.

Give this man a blunt, not a gun.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

hen Marshall tells Dmac the Mad Dog story, he "can't be Killed" and Dmac leaves with the gun. Did Marshall really expect Dmac to understand the ramifications? Marshall did all that just to get his Dmac out his apartment, so he can get some sleep. Marshall is an idiot!

If he got some sleep, it may have accomplished the goal. He got exactly what he wanted 🤣

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Then Dmac is easily recognized on the street after shooting Mad Dog. This will backfire on Diamond. Please have DMac ended next season.

I wish that would have happened in this episode.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Mireya learned a valuable lesson in the Power Universe, if you make "happy" plans, it never works out. I am not buying Miguel would kill his sister.

He probably has her on house arrest or shipped her to Mexico. I don't buy that he would kill his sister either.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

What was the last important play Tommy had for Shanti? It must have been an awful plan that required Shanti to up the time to send Miguel the pic so Tommy can go away.

Is her goal still to get Jenard on top? I kinda feel like that's not her goal anymore.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Damn! You are ruthless! LMAO

Her black outfit looked nice with the black trash bags. What more can I say to compliment her?! I'm being nice! LOL

I said the same thing. DiFranco will be sending those divorce papers soon.

It might meet the levels in "War of the Roses" with those two.

I was looking at that scene like "did he get his car fixed? What am I missing?"

Apparently, so does his car.

The passenger side window was halfway up, when he had Vic in the car. The others were shot out. Tommy must have a 24-hour body shop next to his place.

Driving with no windshield/windows could have been Stacy's last chance to arrest the elusive Tommy Fuckin' Egan!

And when they talk, knowing Vic is around Tommy and other crew, and they don't use coded language or code word?

Another failure for Stacy. Can't established codes. I guess Stacy decided they need to go back to office to meet instead of sitting in an SUV (she must have sensed it wasn't a good idea and they dodged a bullet. Whew! No one saw them).

And they kept up with the leather and everything.

And the Serb most likely had the gas tank filled for Jenard. For all that courtesy, Jenard should have shot him in the pinky toe and spared his life.

I didn't people hand out guns to people to keep them calm.

Give this man a blunt, not a gun.

I guess we know what is more valuable to Marshall.

If he got some sleep, it may have accomplished the goal. He got exactly what he wanted 🤣

And when he wakes up, he needs to move and not tell Dmac.

I wish that would have happened in this episode.

Me too. They are going to drag out this annoying character. I hope he tries to get back with Genesis and gets promptly rejected and then killed by Tommy or King Kilo.

Is her goal still to get Jenard on top? I kinda feel like that's not her goal anymore.

I guess she is going to finish Elise and take over all of Claudia's territory.

I can see her dismissing Jenard if she ever makes it to the top.

I thought her first move was to eliminate Diamond and then Tommy.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, mxc90 said:

hope Claudia is really dead. I don't want to hear next season: a doc got to her in time to save her. I would have expected Tommy to do it himself.

So, Claudia's supposedly last time on the show didn't require a final nude scene. Not what the fans wanted. I hope she learned a valuable lesson to never wear high heels to a drug deal.

Rule #1 of tv/movie deaths is if you don't see the body then there not dead.

Claudia had a nude scene when she did her sex scene with her girlfriend. 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
On 11/10/2023 at 6:50 PM, mxc90 said:

The passenger side window was halfway up, when he had Vic in the car. The others were shot out. Tommy must have a 24-hour body shop next to his place.

Driving with no windshield/windows could have been Stacy's last chance to arrest the elusive Tommy Fuckin' Egan!

Missed opportunity to do a Safelite product tie-in.  Tommy would be a great celebrity spokesperson!

D-Mac is one of those types, the type where his brain always defaults to the dumbest option.

I know he developed magical ninja skills since going to college but the person D-Mac reminds me is the kid we couldn't help but groan at every time he appeared on screen in the original Power,  Tariq. Of course D-Mac lacked a dad with enough pull to cover all his screwups.  But he certainly brings Tariq level whininess.

But the one thing D-Mac lacks is any prospect of having a future spinoff.  Whether it is next season or the season after next we all know he's a future organ donor.

• Like 2
On 11/10/2023 at 6:50 PM, mxc90 said:

I guess she is going to finish Elise and take over all of Claudia's territory.

I can see her dismissing Jenard if she ever makes it to the top.

I thought her first move was to eliminate Diamond and then Tommy.

I can see a next season where she continues to drive a wedge between Tommy and Diamond. We saw a little bit of a spat between Tommy and Diamond, with Jenard just observing, in this episode so I could see that growing next season.

• Like 2
On 11/10/2023 at 10:58 AM, mxc90 said:

I agree. Damn shame because Difranco loves her and tempers her worst impulses. 

On 11/11/2023 at 7:06 AM, Brown44 said:

Rule #1 of tv/movie deaths is if you don't see the body then there not dead.

Claudia had a nude scene when she did her sex scene with her girlfriend. 

I don’t think Claudia is dead. It’s a cliffhanger- the show was renewed for season 3, I can see it as a misdirect. 

An additional post to say- this season took place in the summer time. Season 3 of Power Book 2 took place in the fall/winter, so we haven’t caught up with when Tommy interacts with Tasha. Or when Kate comes back to NY and packs up her stuff getting the letter from Cooper Saxe. 

On 11/11/2023 at 7:42 PM, Taget said:

I know he developed magical ninja skills since going to college but the person D-Mac reminds me is the kid we couldn't help but groan at every time he appeared on screen in the original Power,  Tariq. Of course D-Mac lacked a dad with enough pull to cover all his screwups.  But he certainly brings Tariq level whininess.

I think Tariq was always a fully fledged character though. We don’t know anything about D-Mac besides “the streets are in his blood”. We may have HATED Tariq but he was well written and well acted. I think D-Mad was supposed to bring all the characters together, but where is his mom?! We never to that info. 

if I was Stacy, I’d take the win and leverage it for all it’s worth. She got the Serbs, a Flynn, and a major cartel.

And wasn't this her goal? To use Tommy as a way to take down the major cartels? Her plan made no damn sense, but thanks to maneuvering by Tommy, she succeeded. 

16 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

16 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree. Damn shame because Difranco loves her and tempers her worst impulses. 

It is so over. And she is losing a good egg. He's smart, he has common sense (which is saying a lot for this fucking show), and he's hot. Let me get his number Stacy!

As soon as Mireya got the tickets and started talking about "He sees me and I see him" nonsense, I knew she was done for. 

I'm so over DMac and his stupidness. I don't want to see him next season. I need them to kill him off screen. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

It is so over. And she is losing a good egg. He's smart, he has common sense (which is saying a lot for this fucking show), and he's hot. Let me get his number Stacy!

As soon as Mireya got the tickets and started talking about "He sees me and I see him" nonsense, I knew she was done for. 

I'm so over DMac and his stupidness. I don't want to see him next season. I need them to kill him off screen. 

Yes! DiFranco is a gem and Stacey is an idiot to mess that up. 

Do you think Miguel killed his own sister? I think he shipped her off to Mexico. I like the actress (I enjoyed her on Season 2 of You) but I don’t buy her and Tommy’s love story. I mean Tommy is hot and we want him to have a love interest, but I bought he and Lakeisha and how they fell for each other. Mireya is just there and written inconsistently. 

DMac is so aggravating- I feel bad for JP. You know, given how JP was raised by his own Dad I just don’t buy that he would abandon his son (even due to internalized homophobia). It would’ve made more narrative sense if he didn’t know that DMac existed and the mom was embarrassed to tell him because he had just come out of the closet. 

3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Do you think Miguel killed his own sister? I think he shipped her off to Mexico.

That's what I think also.

3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I like the actress (I enjoyed her on Season 2 of You) but I don’t buy her and Tommy’s love story. I mean Tommy is hot and we want him to have a love interest, but I bought he and Lakeisha and how they fell for each other. Mireya is just there and written inconsistently. 

It was rushed.

5 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Well... I can watch him get shot in the ass.

hmm-saturday-night-live.gif

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
20 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Do you think Miguel killed his own sister? I think he shipped her off to Mexico.

I also think he shipped her off somewhere or arranged a marriage for her something like that. (But I also wouldn't put him killing her out of the question, cause he's fucking psycho!)

20 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Well... I can watch him get shot in the ass.

im-ok-with-that-thats-fine.gif

• LOL 2

Aw Vic, you know in your heart you can't trust Stacy. She's just like Charlie Brown's Lucy: she'll keep moving the WITSEC football.

Claudia, you idiot. Now Vic is gonna rat you out too. You should 've never confessed to setting up that hit on your father and Vic. That's the kind of secret you take to your grave.

Tommy would've been wiser to put that idiot D-Mac under the military school.

Looked like Diamond wanted to cap D-Mac himself, ha ha.

Calm down, Stacy, and listen to Bobby. Tommy is playing 3-D chess with you and you're still on checkers.

Tommy is unbelievable. He used the cops to do a raid on the Serbs and Claudia, his major competition. Ruh roh, Stacy. Bobby told you to stop tripping over Tommy.

OMG! Tommy killed Claudia! Or did he....😏

Ehh, Tommy, you should have ended Vic when you had the chance. Vic would rather be dead than go to prison, and Stacy will not let up on trying to use him to get to you.

Ditto comments upthread, Miguel wouldn't kill his own sister, would he? I bet he has her locked in a basement dungeon so she can keep giving him his insulin shots.

Heck of a season finale. Weird cliffhangers galore.

That marriage is over.

One can only hope. Bobby is to good for Stacy, in several ways.

Marshall gave Dmac the gun to "calm his ass down" like a parent giving a crying child a pacifier.

Yeah, a pacifier dipped in meth.

• Like 1