Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: So Foul and Fair a Day I Have Not Seen

• Start Topic

Kim nervously shares her dating news with Moriah and Lydia; Moriah decides to unblock and text Ethan and is taken aback by his response; Olivia hits her breaking point when she realizes Ethan is up to his old ways.

9 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, I heard him say she re-blocked him, but missed the message. She has very thin skin. 

Moriah sent Ethan a text supposedly to mend fences.  In it, she said she forgave him.  No expression of regret for anything she said or did.  Claimed it was an 'olive branch' and she wanted to reconcile.  Ethan texted her back and asked what it was he did that required forgiveness and she immediately blocked him again and tried to pretend that he was in the wrong for not going along with her fantasy that everything was Ethan's fault.

• Like 6
On 11/3/2023 at 3:48 PM, JayDub1987 said:

Apparently the dumb little bitch forgives him for expecting her to pay her share of the rent. Oh, what a work Jesus has done in her life. 

Well she did say she was going to be the bitchiest Christian, so mission  accomplished I guess.

I don't understand why Olivia wants to see Ethan's younger sisters.  She probably hadn't seen them in a while and given everything that was going on with the family, it was extremely unlikely Barry and Kim would have gone along with it. Olivia needs to understand who her friends are and who they aren't.  A 24 year old can care about young in law siblings, but the are not friends.  It's OK to just move on from them.  

I wish she had been more direct with Ethan about Micah.  Rather than using therapy terms that he could feign ignorance of and dismiss, she should have just stated that Micah treats her like garbage and she will not tolerate that in her own home.  Because that is the truth.  I don't understand what Micah's issue is with her because his response just seems so disproportionate.  I have no idea what Ethan was thinking wanting him to stay with them when Micah made it clear he wants no relationship with Olivia.  If that's what he wants, he can't then expect a free crash space and to eat food she probably paid for.

What is with the Plaths and lying?  Ethan flat out lied to Olivia and this isn't the first time.  Moriah actually admitted that she lied about the music situation, but made some weird claim that Olivia made her do it.  And Kim is just so deceitful.  Not very Christian of any of them.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

There are so many people in this family, and then with the extreme differences between Barry and Kim's personalities, I think its inevitable that there would be a bunch of conflicts at some point. 

Its also very common for the person who marries into a family to see it all with a different lens than the ones who lived in it since birth. Olivia saw through all the BS, but she underestimated the strength of the familial bonds when she decided to take a stand.  I think it was doomed from the start. She wouldn't have been happy if she just rolled over and accepted it and she isn't going to be happy with Ethan wanting more connection to his family.

• Like 3

"So Foul and Fair a Day I Have Not Seen". Kim nervously shares her dating news with Moriah and Lydia; Moriah decides to unblock and text Ethan and is taken aback by his response; Olivia hits her breaking point when she realizes Ethan is up to his old ways.

• Ethan and Olivia go ice-fishing. Maybe it's me, but I would be too nervous about the ice breaking to enjoy myself!
  • Moriah and Lydia saw thru Kim's nonsense and correctly suspected Kim's been dating for longer than she claims. I enjoyed watching Kim squirm because she assumed they'd automatically believe whatever she told them.
  • Moriah (when did she get so many tattoos?) tells Ethan via text message that she forgives him but refuses to take responsibility for her own actions. That's not how it works, little girl. 
  • After seeing his friends (I cannot believe he doesn't know the dietary buzzwords in Hollywood!), he calls Ethan and asks if he's mad at him. Hello? You took Moriah's side when she bad-mouthed Olivia!
  • Ethan and Olivia plan on picking up one of his cars in Florida. I don't understand why she wants to see the youngest daughters or why she even thinks Barry or Kim will allow her to see them. Ethan isn't helping by making plans and then lying thru omission. I did have to take her side about not letting Michah stay with them, but she should have explained it so Ethan could understand. 

I am getting tired of this show and these people.

• Like 1