Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: Chocolate Week

• Start Topic

I'm a little shocked that there was any cattiness about whether Tasha was faking it. Girl was white as a sheet some time before she went down. 

I'm finding this season less stratified than other seasons and love it. Dan (who started out reminding me of Richard burr from one of my favorite early seasons but has recently been a little more goofy) came on strong at first but is now having to really buckle down. Matty, who seemed like a prime candidate to head out in the early middle eps instead gets star baker.  The fact that it really feels like any of them have a shot (especially if they hit that moment when some of them just catch fire) is making this a really fun season to watch. 

• Like 5
On 10/21/2023 at 7:44 PM, caitmcg said:

We weren't shown every step; we saw them working on the base, the blackcurrant jelly, the caramelized white chocolate, and then put the cheesecake batter in, so we didn't see them mixing up the batter, which I'm sure had eggs and cheeae.

it was very confusing the way that was presented. At first I thought they were pouring just the white chocolate in the moulds (is that the right spelling?) and I couldn't understand it. Then when they pulled them out they were all puffed up so I realized that other stuff must have been added that we didn't see.

On 10/22/2023 at 8:02 AM, SnapHappy said:

And is it me, or has Pru's wardrobe just EXPLODED from the crayon box?  I always expect brights, big jewelry & matching glasses, but she seems to have gone extra-extra this season.  This last getup was positively eyeball-searing.

looked like crazy pjs to me, combined with her over the top jewelry.

7 hours ago, dleighg said:

it was very confusing the way that was presented. At first I thought they were pouring just the white chocolate in the moulds (is that the right spelling?) and I couldn't understand it. Then when they pulled them out they were all puffed up so I realized that other stuff must have been added that we didn't see.

looked like crazy pjs to me, combined with her over the top jewelry.

Yes - mould, mould, and mouldy - if you see what I mean!

What makes me even more unhappy about some of the ableism and nastiness out there about poor Tasha's illness is that migraines, vertigo, and nausea are apparently much worse for people with cochlear implants -- the implants actually can make those symptoms even more intense.

She was visibly so sick, I felt really bad for her but was also glad that nobody went home and the competition can continue.

I adore her as a contestant and feel like it's so important that we get this kind of inclusivity and representation. I don't want a nasty public (or Daily Mail trolling) to discourage people with disabilities from taking part.

I love the entire cast this year, and I absolutely adore Alison. She is just delightful, so charming and warm, and fits in instantly.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I wondered about the spelling (CC shows mould, but I always thought it was mold). According to Wikipedia (and I'm American):

A mold (American English), or mould (British and Commonwealth English), is a container used in various techniques of food preparation to shape the finished dish. The term may also refer to a finished dish made in said container (e.g. a jello mold).

• Like 1

I’m way behind so posts seem irrelevant but…. That was fair. Glad they decided to let it ride for another week and that Tasha is coming back. Such a great bunch of bakers! I usually don’t care for the smuggery but like Dan in spite. Love Nikki and Saku. It’s hard to see anyone go.  I do like Allison & she’s certainly an improvement but wish she’d just dial it back a tad.

On 10/20/2023 at 10:37 PM, iMonrey said:

I don't think I've ever seen them using microwave ovens before. I didn't even know they had them.

Way back in an earlier season Nancy used it to proof bread - Paul didn't think it would work but it did.