Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I think Brynn told the others that originally in college she was pre-med, which produced zero reaction from her family. But when she told them that she was dating a prince or something, they could not have been more effusive.

That saddens me.

• Like 4

A weird coincidence, but Jessel and Sai have sons named Rio.

Abe and David appeared to be immature during dinner- for somebody their age.

I can't believe Erin and Sai thought that Jessel was lying when she said she had sex with her husband. They are mean girls. 

• Like 14
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think Brynn told the others that originally in college she was pre-med, which produced zero reaction from her family. But when she told them that she was dating a prince or something, they could not have been more effusive.

That saddens me.

Brynn's grandmother was from a very different generation in which often the expectations were that women would get married, not have careers.  They worked until they were married.  Using that as an excuse for her behavior choices is weak.  She struggled with O Chem and changed majors.  She's not the first person to make that choice, regardless of their parents' or grandparents' expectations. 

If she was truly taught to be a people pleaser from a very young age and to block any supposedly negative or uncomfortable emotions that is very sad.  Brynn is not the first, nor will she be the last, woman who was raised that way.  (See the Duggars and keep sweet). Being expected to please others rather than taking care of yourself is tragic.  However, she is an adult who chooses to put on this overtly sexual persona at almost all times.  It's very off putting.  Also, at times, it's sexual harassment. 

She seems to have recently learned chess and isn't very good.  I don't doubt she's very intelligent.  As to whether she reads the Economist because she's interested or purely to name drop, I don't know.  She may well appreciate books.  That's  great.  Now if only she'd stop the sex kitten BS or at least think about when and where it is appropriate. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
6 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I can't believe Erin and Sai thought that Jessel was lying when she said she had sex with her husband. They are mean girls. 

It's so weird. I get that Jessel opened the door, and it's her storyline, but Sai not believing that sex happened because there were "no details" is bizarre. Does she want to see the footage? A stained dress? 

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That saddens me.

That's why she acts like a sex kitten although she is educated, and intelligent. Her family was only impressed by her landing rich boyfriends, not by any other achievements, and it became a learned behavior...

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
On 10/3/2023 at 12:52 PM, Book Junkie said:

I wish the women would ask Jessel if either one of them is depressed, on some kind of medication, etc.

I get the feeling that if Jessel said yes, they'd act as if she was lying or accuse her of trying to get attention.  As @ZettaK said . . . 

On 10/3/2023 at 5:28 PM, ZettaK said:

It seems to me it doesn't matter what Jessel says, some of the women will find something wrong with it.

I guess Brynn has far more charisma in person than she does through a screen.  Perhaps that's the explanation for people like Jenna and Andy finding her fun to be around instead of embarrassing.

• Like 6