Type keyword(s) to search

Chris Moore: Large and in charge

I remember Chris from Project Greenlight, and he was really the highlight of the show's first season.  He was TOUGH, but his advice was usually spot-on and necessary for the starry-eyed dreamers who didn't want to "compromise their creative vision", no matter the price tag attached.

It seems like PG was recent, but its actually been over a decade since that show started!  It was surprising when, during last night's premiere, one of the directors, Shane, kind of blew off Chris' input with a "well, American Pie was over 15 years ago!"  Yikes, he's right!  (But he's still a dick for saying it.)  Oh, how I look forward to Chris putting Shane in his place! LOL

Chris Moore (my husband in my head) Smack downs I can't wait to hear

1. The second 'Don't fuck up with the money' discussion with Utube.

2. The first 'Don't fuck up with the money' discussion with Utube.

Unfortunately I think CM is trying to NOT be his lovable loud red-faced  self.   He so far has still been blunt, which is nice, but I'm going to need at least one massive verbal smackdown of Shane.   I think Anna would crumple into a useless mess if Chris so much as looked at her crossways though. 

I don't know if we're going to get the Chris Moore rant, either. I feel like his role is different on this show vs. Project Greenlight. Here he's documenting the process of movie making, so if Shane (or Anna), screw up, then that's part of the process. And he doesn't want to step in and fix it, cuz his priority is the doc, and problems = drama = good for doc. Right?

I really wonder if Chris wasn't secretly pleased with the final outcome. Obviously he would have loved to produce two indy circuit darling movies, but that was a lottery odd's chance. Instead  he got a solid rookie production from Anna's movie and a shit ton of publicity from Shane's craptastic (literally) effort.