Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: After The Altar: The One Year Anniversary

DearEvette
  • Start Topic

It was nice to see the three married couples again. Brett and Tiffany are pretty, and they really seem to love each other. Same with Zach and Bliss. 

I liked Chelsea during the season, but she is A LOT. She's one of those people whose energy would drain me. I suppose I'm glad she and Kwame are still together. He annoys me too, but I like him better than I did during the season. I guess some couples like to take little digs at each other, but these two do it a lot. It doesn't mean they don't like each other. Maybe?

Or maybe I'm just too judgy. 

• Like 3

It is nice to see that the three couples are all still boo'd up and super happy. 

Tiff and Brett just seem so grounded and grown.  Like they don't feel like they met on a reality show.  I know Alexa thinks she is and Brennon are the Lauren/Cam successors as the total package and happy face of the franchise, but to me they come off as smug and unlikable.  Tiff and Brett just seem cool.  I love their brand of black bougieness,

I thought Bliss and Zach should have taken their time and not get married on the same timeline as everyone else.  It felt rushed, even for the already rushed schedule of the couples on this show. But she loves him down that is for sure and it is reciprocated. So good for them.  She really is a gorgeous woman.

Of the three married couples, Kwame and Chelsea feel like they are performance artists.  They probably are in love, love, but I think mainly because as @topanga says Chelsea is A LOT.  And she comes off as trying so hard to show us their happy it feels manufactured and not as authentic.

Paul's mother was on my nerves this entire episode.  She gets all dressed up and fancy to catch a midday drink with Micah and proceeds to trash Paul's new relationship (which sounds very new).  And later she is still pushing Micah on him even telling him to beg.  What the hell sort of mother tells her son to beg a woman to get back with him.  Especially when that woman in Micah.  Ugh.  I love that he didn't mention the new girl's name.  I hope she insisted on that for her own sanity.

And then there is Josh and Jackie.  Well, girl, I guess you got what you wanted.  I'm glad Marshall dodged that bullet.  But how you go from dissing a guy who presents a beautifully plated meal to a guy who throws food at your face (all joking, of course, ha ha).  I dunno, their whole interaction on that ferris wheel just felt weird as fuck.

Love how the couples 'spontanously' decided to have a party for Chelsea and a flag football game inviting everyone back for it.  Sure, Netflix, I am sure Zach just came up with that idea. LOL.

• Like 4

Paul’s mother is a piece of work. Does she not have friends her own age? Let him move on. Did she not watch the show and figure out what a nasty bully Micha is…like…what? Is she out of her mind?

why is Josh wearing women’s fake pearls?

Chealsea and Kwame come across as famewhores. I don’t think they are bad people but once the flow of the Z list fame goes away they will split. I don’t see it lasting.

Zach and Bliss are lovely people but are both odd ducks, I think they are perfect together. 

Marshall really traded up. They both seem very happy…good for him.

Irina trying to apologize while still making excuses is rich. She is awful. Micha is awful and is getting way too kind of an edit.

Jackie is as two faced as ever…says one thing in her talking heads and another to Monica. She did the same thing to Chelsea …told her to break up the Kwame and Micha conversation then turned around and told Irina Chelsea was being controlling…girl no

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 6

Okay, I just started watching this but had to pause it to type this.  The sharing a hotel room thing is weird.  I would get it if we were talking about super young people who had no money.  But these are two grown couples with steady incomes.  Why on earth would you share a room?

• Like 1
On 9/2/2023 at 4:15 PM, DearEvette said:

Paul's mother was on my nerves this entire episode.  She gets all dressed up and fancy to catch a midday drink with Micah and proceeds to trash Paul's new relationship (which sounds very new).  And later she is still pushing Micah on him even telling him to beg.  What the hell sort of mother tells her son to beg a woman to get back with him.  Especially when that woman in Micah.  Ugh.  I love that he didn't mention the new girl's name.  I hope she insisted on that for her own sanity.

During the season, I was baffled by Paul's attraction to Micah, since he was very eco-granola and she was very vapid, high maintenance.  Then I saw his mother and thought, "Ah, I get it now", which honestly makes his comments about not being able to see Micah as a mother very telling.  So yeah, of course Paul's mother loves Micah.  She's a younger version of herself, in all her awful glory.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

Okay, I just started watching this but had to pause it to type this.  The sharing a hotel room thing is weird.  I would get it if we were talking about super young people who had no money.  But these are two grown couples with steady incomes.  Why on earth would you share a room?

That was the weirdest thing about this entire show.

Two couples, all adults, share one room?

I can't even.

1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

That was the weirdest thing about this entire show.

Two couples, all adults, share one room?

I can't even.

In some big cities a room can be $400 or $500 depending on demand.  Also because they are influencers maybe they stay in luxury hotels and/or suites.  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

In some big cities a room can be $400 or $500 depending on demand.  Also because they are influencers maybe they stay in luxury hotels and/or suites.  

Nah. They showed a picture of them in your standard hotel room.  The kind with the two Queen (or King) beds side by side in the same room.