Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Jesus Gave Me Water

gesundheit
  • Start Topic

"EPISODE 2 – S1 E2 – JESUS GAVE ME WATER – 46M

A Purdue conference sees an OxyContin user attending. Edie observes the drug’s adverse effects, while Richard encounters obstacles in his pursuit of profit."

Not that it helped, but I still loved how Dr. Fitzgibbons handed Shannon her ass when she tried to get him to prescribe Oxytocin. Unfortunately, she is young and dumb. And understandably wanting to make a great living for herself without understanding the consequences of what she’s doing. 

Glen has already spiraled into addiction without even realizing it but the stepson already knows what’s up.

I will say I was stunned by what was said about the FDA, but after the shock I realized it makes sense. Considering the stuff they are approving without it being properly vetted, that is scary, if what was said in this episode is indeed true. 

• Like 4

Dr. Fitzgibbons for the win!  At least we saw one doctor not sucked in by freebies and attractive young women.  It is frightening how often doctors start to prescribe something because it's new and being pushed by a sales rep.  I do find the plushie kind of cute.  Uh oh, good thing I'm not a doctor.  

I remember those types of ads with the patient testimonials.  I worked with someone who had been a pharmaceutical sales rep.  He was happy to get as far away from that business as he could.  They had huge pressure to get doctors to prescribe things even if they weren't relevant to their practice.  

I liked learning things that the FDA doesn't look for.  Always known there is extreme bias in who they will allow to participate in the drug study.  They will say they need patients with a high likelihood of compliance, but they are actually vetting for the perfect patient. 

• Like 1

I didn't realize that it was Glen's stepson who was goofing off with the dangerous machinery and caused Glen's injury in the first place.  I was wondering why he wasn't fired.

It was pretty scary when Glen woke up in the middle of the night, trying to find his bottle.  Glen's stepson just really gets on my nerves.

I really hated Shannon's smug smile when Edie was standing in front of the car.  I loved that Dr. that tried to school her and I hated the second Dr. gave in when Shannon started talking about gymnastics.

• Like 2

Gosh, the hamburger scene was gross and hard to watch. 

I don't think the actress playing the young pharmaceutical rep. was well cast. They are raving about her beauty and she is average pretty at best to me. I wish the doctor hadn't succumbed to her. I like the doctor who threw her out of his office. The other rep. is insufferable. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1