Type keyword(s) to search

Alone (UK) - General Discussion

diebartdie
  • Start Topic

So, in addition to the Alone Australia (premiering tonight I believe), there is an Alone UK, set not in the UK, rather it's contestants from UK

Spoiler

(mainly London....lol)

dropped in Canada on the Mackenzie River. Y'all....

Spoiler

I swear, it seems like the producers set up on some random corner in downtown London asking random people, "hey, you wanna be on our reality competition show?" until they had 11 contestants. ONE person brought a bow and arrows. I don't think any of them have ever started a fight in their lives, not even with a lighter! One contestant has a FULL FACE of makeup...all the way to day 7.

Anyway, I watched the first 2 episodes on Daily motion.

Wow, it looks like they're burning it off here in the US. I found it by accident this morning while channel surfing, on History Channel. Sat, Dec 16, aired 6 eps starting 6AM CT. I set it up to series record but missed the first ep (haven't watched any of it yet). No future airings in the next 2 weeks. Pretty sure this never even made prime time, I didn't hear anything, and just checked the (original) Alone forum & the AUS thread, and nothing there.

• Like 1

I set my Cox DVR to catch the early episodes, and it did record them as part of the On Demand feature.  Watched episode 1 last night, and am looking forward to watching the others later this week.

The all look really "spiffy" in the first episode.  Several talk about their lives in London.  They seem surprised about pretty much everything involved with "roughing it."  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

The all look really "spiffy" in the first episode.  Several talk about their lives in London.  They seem surprised about pretty much everything involved with "roughing it."  

Yes! Was Kian wearing an ascot?!?! lol He also said the most he'd been in the woods was a couple of HOURS. And, I think Eva?, didn't want any bears out there-- not while SHE'S there. And Louie was definitely going to boil that water because it was brown & sludgy! He made it sound like if it had been clear, blue water it would have been fine, no boiling required. They seem to conflate city grit & a plucky spirit to being able to rough it in nature. Alan is fun, though. I like his sense of humor. A pick/fruitless pun AND that hair, he's got it all!

• Like 2

I have watched episode 1 thus far.   I asked my old neighbor in the UK, and she didn't know anything about it.  I should tell her to watch the 100 Day Alone to see what it is all about.

I finished the 6 episode series.  Started out better than AUS, but not much, then 3 in it became better, and finished okay.

I would hope that next season, they try to find people who are not so emotional, nor bringing up they are autistic a dozen times an episode. 

And maybe a little more bush crafty, or at least watch past USA episodes.  

The cothing designer girl was wow on her cabin building.  Kudos to her.