Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

61yJhRMdyfL._RI_SX1080_FMwebp_.jpg
As Alice is introduced to life at Thornfield, it’s her ‘aunt’ Candy Blue, and The Flowers – the women for whom Thornfield is a refuge – who make Alice feel welcomed. Although June claims that Alice’s mother Agnes was never at Thornfield, at every turn, Alice feels her mother’s presence.

Premiere Date: August 3, 2023      Prime Video       

Wattle   
Meaning: Always with you

The ‘Thornfield Language of Flowers’ book reminds me of the ‘Book of Shadow’ from Charmed.

The revelations of Sally’s romantic past with Clem and her connection to Agnes have emerged out of nowhere. Her aggressiveness, deception and shadiness - am struggling to like this character, to sympathize with her. 😣

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 2
On 8/5/2023 at 8:49 AM, Snazzy Daisy said:

The revelations of Sally’s romantic past with Clem and her connection to Agnes have emerged out of nowhere. Her aggressiveness, deception and shadiness - am struggling to like this character, to sympathize with her. 😣

I find this one of the most interesting aspects of the drama. I loved Sally at the beginning. Now I hate her. I hated June at the beginning. Now I love her.

On 8/5/2023 at 8:49 AM, Snazzy Daisy said:

June’s love story with Robber Baron is too magical to be true. What truly happened must be the opposite of it. We’ll have to wait and see.

Wait...what love story with Robber Barron? I must have really missed something!

Question: Does this show consist of 3 episodes? Or are 3 episodes only what have aired so far, and more is to come after that?

The story of the Robber Baron is actually episode 3, not 2 (I had the same confusion until I watched the next ep).  And only 3 eps have dropped so far, but it is a 7 ep series with an ep dropping each Friday.

1 hour ago, Milburn Stone said:

I find this one of the most interesting aspects of the drama. I loved Sally at the beginning. Now I hate her. I hated June at the beginning. Now I love her.

Sally is unhinged. She makes Alice’s guardianship all about her - filling some emotional holes in her life, replacing Gemma etc.

June has put up a wall around her, maybe due to her past traumas/experiences. Her tough exterior look - she needs to look dependable for the flowers to feel safe. The unspoken truths will be her undoings.

1 hour ago, Milburn Stone said:

Wait...what love story with Robber Barron? I must have really missed something!

Sorry for the confusion. I have moved my comment re Robber Barron to E03 thread, where it should be.

• Like 1