Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Loyalty / S01.E06: Essequibo

• Start Topic

Faced with suspension, Inspector Harmony makes a last-ditch plea to Sam, while Gene and Jeff come face-to-face for the first time in years.

and

As chaos breaks out at Mrs. Mahabir's ritual, Agent Harmony finds a definitive link between the McCuskers and Guyana.

Series finale dropping Thursday, July 27th, 2023.

Well, that was...something. It was interesting, but some of the plot felt dropped.  What happened to Xavier? The seaplane went from New York to Georgetown? I distinctly remember Xavier, Louis, and Natalie having their passports held, so how did Louis and Nat get out of the country? How did Nicky find out who his father was?

There was a Variety article about the ending, and there was a plot point specific to Jeff that they dropped.  After reading it, I thought it might have been better if they had gone with it instead of the convoluted Ponzi scheme. Because surely there were others in on it, but only the Brownes were targeted? 

I wasn't really very moved by anything here, there was just so much plot that the characters were drowned in each successive trauma, barely even remembering that they sent their son to a cabin in the woods with some guy.  Full circle from meh to meh.

Harmony Melody was the most grating, unlikeable character I've seen in years. Congrats to the actress for pulling it off and being willing to portray someone who not pleasant in any way. I felt more sympathy for her corrupt boss and complicit suspects than I felt for her. 

• Like 2
On 7/31/2023 at 2:17 AM, Glade said:

I wasn't really very moved by anything here, there was just so much plot that the characters were drowned in each successive trauma, barely even remembering that they sent their son to a cabin in the woods with some guy.  Full circle from meh to meh.

Yeah, I think there was the bones of a good story in there somewhere.  But it didn't come together very well. 

• Like 1