Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10 Have I a Match for You!

• Start Topic

"Harold wants to make a big gesture for Michaela. Chad's torn between two Latin women. Susan meets Juan one last time. Stanika finds out if Noureddine's family approves of her. Houda gives Mark an ultimatum."

• Useful 1

I don’t like Mark, but he’s stupid if he gives into the ultimatum. 

Poor Chad, can’t decide between two beautiful women who don’t even seem into him. How will he ever choose? It’s not like he can compare their likes and interests to his own when all he focuses on are their looks. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I don’t like Mark, but he’s stupid if he gives into the ultimatum. 

Poor Chad, can’t decide between two beautiful women who don’t even seem into him. How will he ever choose? It’s not like he can compare their likes and interests to his own when all he focuses on are their looks. 

Mark really needs to go on that third date ha ha.  I really don't get this show to be honest.... there are no real intentions re where they would live if a relationship actually developed.  I wonder if possible future episodes continue to follow the same people or new seasons would have a new cast etc?  

• Like 4
10 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Chad is only looking at external beauty. Here is one more person who doesn't seem to make an effort in meeting or getting to know someone. He seems to think just sitting there not offering much is going to win these women over. I mean, make an effort; you traveled all this way. And why is he being set up with women who seem so different than he is? I have no idea why the second woman said she thought he was cute and/or liked him. What was there to like, though? He didn't delve into anything or offer much.

I also detest Chad's taste in shirts. Chad, you are not on a farm, please dress accordingly. And no hat.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The other day I saw a fat turnip ambling around looking lost, and carrying a clunky back pack. Upon closer examination, the fat turnip was Chad!

My sixth sense tells me he's got a short fuse, and not a whole lot more in his sloth brain. Whoever likes him right now should enjoy it while the show is still trying to make him look relatively decent.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Given Harold and Michaela's relationship and how terrible so many of these dates were, I do actually feel like this is the rare reality show that isn't really scripted  (or else Harold would deserve an Emmy if he's playing a character).  Given that, I am actually surprised and happy that Susan was glad she went to Colombia.  She struck me as the kind of person who is never happy with anyone or anything, so I was glad to see her happy about her decision to hire a matchmaker and go to Colombia.  Juan isn't a very good matchmaker, but he is correct in that Susan's standards are too high and that she needs to become more flexible in order to have a relationship, and I hope enjoying time with her last date might help her develop a more flexible mindset that will help her date in the US.  IT's going to be tough though at her age, since there are so many more wonderful single women compared to single men at that age (who can easily date 10 years younger anyway without anyone blinking an eye).   

• Like 2
10 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

IT's going to be tough though at her age, since there are so many more wonderful single women compared to single men at that age (who can easily date 10 years younger anyway without anyone blinking an eye).   

I agree she is at a tough age to be single, especially in NYC and with a demanding career. It sucks. I left my husband at age 40 and my friends were super supportive and were all like, "oh you are gorgeous, you are educated you have a career, no kids, you just watch you will be pushing them away." Well, yes, I did have a lot of matches online dating but guess what I found. Guys my age or older were either 1) lifelong bachelors for a damn good reason or 2) divorcees that either hated women after a bitter split or major man whores just looking to get laid. If they were the rare unicorn of a guy without any kids and looking to get serious, well they wanted to get serious to start a family and me at my age, that was a risk. So they do and can get much younger women. I am lucky to have found my husband but if this doesn't work out and I find myself single again say, in my 50s, I will just focus on being happy living the solo life and invest in a great vibrator. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/19/2023 at 12:57 AM, kitkat343 said:

Juan isn't a very good matchmaker, but he is correct in that Susan's standards are too high and that she needs to become more flexible in order to have a relationship

I wouldn't say her standards are TOO high, but I agree, she needs to be more flexible. That is where I landed too when I was single, my now husband is a great man in many ways, in others, nope. For ex, he lied on his profile about being a smoker. I hate smoking, swore I would never date a smoker.....and here I am married to a 2 pack a day man. It drives me nuts, breaks my heart but I appreciate that it is a vice he has tried many times to quit and just cannot. No one is perfect, no one checks all the boxes. We are super compatible in so many other, more important (IMHO) areas. Hopefully she learned this...

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Like 3