Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: My First Experience

• Start Topic

Aired July 11, 2023

Racers wade into Smithers, B.C., where some have a smooth delivery and others struggle with the details. It’s a delicate balance of the right ingredients during the detour, and teams put their knowledge of their partner to the test.

I did not like the questions task. I thought it was mean to ask who the teams thought would be the next to go. I know it was quite obvious but I still thought it was mean spirited.

I enjoyed the other tasks. The egg crate making was cool.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

I did not like the questions task. I thought it was mean to ask who the teams thought would be the next to go. I know it was quite obvious but I still thought it was mean spirited.

I enjoyed the other tasks. The egg crate making was cool.

I imagine when they designed the question, they had no idea it would be so obvious.  

• LOL 1

Joel looked familiar to me from the start, but I just figured I had seen some modeling he had done. It wasn't until his starring role in Trickster was mentioned in this episode that I was able to place him. That was one of the more unusual pandemic-era shows I watched, and I remember enjoying the show and his work quite a bit.

I'll have to check out some of the other recent and upcoming shows listed on his IMDb page.

I know Bell Media needs all the money they can get, but between Desjardin, Samsung, Guru and Chevrolet, that was just way too much product placement in an episode. Like Big Brother Canada level of product placement.

• Like 3

I can't say I'm surprised by Eddie/Allie leaving. It was both of them who messed up this leg, and they couldn't recover. And, yeah, Eddie doesn't seem to have the temperament to handle the race. It's a shame, but they did leave the race with a positive attitude, which is good (though also with Eddie hating pancakes!)

Ty/Kat are a force to be reckoned with. They work great together and both have showed strength in challenges. Plus, Ty's excitement over petting a horse was great. It looks like they've bonded with Tyler/Kayleen so that's one express pass down. 

I had heard about the show Trickster but never saw it myself, so that was neat to learn about Joel. Plus, it looks like he has some other roles booked up, so that's cool.

I also didn't like the Know Your Partner task. It really wasn't knowing your partner if half the questions were about other teams.

The tasks were just ok this leg, the egg carton making was fun, at least, but the sausage making seemed fairly easy, and faster, to complete.