Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Megastars and Meltdowns

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Hugo - He's got to be Jimmy Carter's grandson. We know he was lying about the athlete part, so his relative is his grandpa. And I know Jimmy definitely won the Nobel Prize. I'll be shocked if his relative ends up being anyone but Jimmy. 

Yes!! How could I have forgotten Jimmy Carter? Hugo even looks like a Carter. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

She swears she wasn't acting--that she was really upset.  I'm beginning to wonder.  Maybe a little of each.  Yeah, she could be simply a whiny immature brat who didn't get her way, but she could also realize a meltdown on the show (which would be sure to be picked up by the press since she's related to a major movie star) would be her pathway to another reality show.  

Knowing now that she wants on one of those shows, I could see her thinking that, since she didn't get more than one episode to "audition" for more reality show roles, she'd throw a huge dramatic fit to be the talk of the premiere episode. Then she'd just need to hope that some reality producer would decide she's the kind of drama they need. Of course, she'll never admit that, because you don't pull back the veil if you want a career in reality shows. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Dani said:

I didn’t hear him say that brother was a lie but I definitely could have missed it. His reasoning for shooting basketballs in the talent show made me think he was saying NBA championship was the lie. 

You are right! I corrected my post above. He said he lied about his brother winning a championship, not that he lied about his relative being his brother.

(edited)

Here's what I have so far:
Known (via Google):

Hugo: Grandfather, Athlete, Nobel Peace Prize --

Spoiler

Jimmy Carter

Shayne: Father, Musician, Grammy --

Spoiler

Eddy Murphy

Karsyn: *Uncle, Musician, *Some kind of Hall of Fame --

Travis: Father, Actor, Critic's Choice Award

Spoiler

Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Suspected:

Chris: *Father, *Singer, Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame -- Donny Osmond

Unknown:

Gabriel: Brother, *Athlete, NAACP Award

Monay: Father, Athlete, Emmy 

Jane: Father, Musician, Grammy

J.R. Brother, *Singer, *NBA Championship Ring

Cole: Father, *Singer, *Grammy

Olivia: *Brother, Razzie Award (could not find the occupation)

Travis: Father, Actor, Critic's Choice Award

Karsyn: *Uncle, Musician, *Some kind of Hall of Fame --

Out:
Carly -- Tom Hanks

Edited by JH Lipton
  • Like 1

I agree that the Osmond reference has to do with age.  I'm ever so slightly younger than the Osmond craze, but not as young as the youths of today.  When I saw the first commercial, I said "that's an Osmond right there.  I don't which one but an Osmond."  They all had a strong resemblance when they were younger, you couldn't mistake they belonged together, so he could have belonged to any of them and looked the same.

• Useful 1

I was fine with doing the talent comp again.  are they going to repeat all the same challenges?  I hope they have some new ones.  I liked telephone, wear the specific clothing and walk of stars, but i didn't care for poker, spot the difference or the pool spelling bee

On 6/29/2023 at 6:19 AM, Catgyrl68 said:

@JH Lipton, I think the contestant for your last spoiler should be Travis, not Karsyn.

You're -- the Critic's Choice award threw me off.

=================================================

I was thinking that, since the bench SCREAMED Tom Hanks, the astronaut could refer to someone else -- with the bee, the guess of Buzz Aldrin seemed apt.  But I can't fit it into 2 Truths And A Lie for anyone.