Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: BDE

• Start Topic

After Nathan's botched proposal, Ava fights to keep him on target; When detectives visit the club, a petrified Nathan worries he's a suspect.

Airdate: June 8, 2023

Is he really the killer, or is he just messing with them? 
They would really collaborate with a killer, to sell a podcast? They make a bunch of money, and he disappears? Just so long as he doesn’t kill again? Wouldn’t the police have a lot of questions for them? And there is no guarantee that he wouldn’t kill again. Or she, if they’re messing with the viewers. 

• Like 7

I have only watched one other show with Kelly Cuoco and it was Flight Attendant. She doesn't seem to have much range and is basically playing the same character. The gigantic eyeballs, the fantasies, the mannerisms. That said, I'm still watching lol

• Like 4
On 6/9/2023 at 9:38 PM, Anela said:

Is he really the killer, or is he just messing with them? 
They would really collaborate with a killer, to sell a podcast? They make a bunch of money, and he disappears? Just so long as he doesn’t kill again? Wouldn’t the police have a lot of questions for them? And there is no guarantee that he wouldn’t kill again. Or she, if they’re messing with the viewers. 

Yeah, the premise is a mess. You can’t profit off a podcast where you interview a known serial killer & not turn him in, unless you want to go to prison yourself. Add in the gross ethical implications... are we rooting for them? This show has to swerve to make sense, right? It also bugs me that they wouldn’t just turn him in and then do a podcast about how they hired the Ripper as their plumber and then took him down or something. 

• Like 6
On 6/10/2023 at 7:24 PM, AheadofStraight said:

I have only watched one other show with Kelly Cuoco and it was Flight Attendant. She doesn't seem to have much range and is basically playing the same character. The gigantic eyeballs, the fantasies, the mannerisms. That said, I'm still watching lol

Reminds me of the “range” of Jennifer Aniston. But I do like them both in comedies. 

• Like 3

The premise of this show reminded me of that old story about the frog and the scorpion crossing the river, although the frog in that story isn't so much under the delusion that s/he can keep the scorpion under control - it just takes the scorpion at its word. Here, we have a couple that think they have a fool-proof way of controlling the predator/serial killer because they don't understand his nature as well as they think they do*.

* Even if Matt isn't the Westside Ripper, he obviously has some personality problems and is probably a sociopath (at least). 

• Like 2
On 6/28/2023 at 8:34 PM, KittyQ said:

* Even if Matt isn't the Westside Ripper, he obviously has some personality problems and is probably a sociopath (at least). 

I had that thought too, like it was too easy to figure out so early in the show. 

My question is how did Matt just waltz in to the private tennis club with his kid, put the kid in some play group (how did he know there was a play group and where it was located?), walk in to the tennis court and chat with Nathan and nobody stopped him at the entrance of the club? 

Would Ava and Nathan be charged with obstruction of justice by failing to turn in Matt to the police when they knew he was the ripper? Nathan lying to the police could be enough to get him in trouble but not turning in a serial killer might be considered harboring a fugitive?

As far as the new toilet is concerned, as homeowners they are stupid for not getting the valve fixed but even stupider for going to what looked like a high end bath and kitchen store instead of going to Lowe's or Home Depot. Also, hire a plumber, they get discounts at some of those stores and will pick up and deliver said toilet. Why does it seem they have not adulted ever in their life?

• Like 1