Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: The Nowhere Bride

• Start Topic

(edited)

Episode description:

The Task Force investigates the whereabouts of a missing newlywed. Red offers his help to a powerful cartel leader. Siya visits a connection from her mother’s past.

Airdate: May 28 / 23

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

This bride cannot be that important if Siya is chasing Mrs. Sutton... Dembe is probably in Yemen tying up loose ends... Ressler & Cooper are it... Mercy me- Rescue Op just turned into a Recovery Mission

Hey, would you look at that? Siya straight up asked Reddington to tell her the truth even though it might be painful and he actually told her!

No idea who Siya's mother is but I'm pretty sure this means her father is

Spoiler

Emperor Palpatine

So Red did this whole thing with the port deal just to get a few seconds with his old bodyguard? I know this show is finally tying up some loose ends but I wasn't curious about this one.

Red's government homeboy from Alaska (who loves the puppies!) can influence which contractors are used for port projects in Florida? None of that makes any sense. Well, except the puppies.

Man, Dembe was pissed. Did someone steal his dowry?

As much as I have been pooping on the budget crisis storyline thus far, I think I'm coming around to the side of the auditors here. You have this FBI task force that is just sitting on ass all day when all they need to do to catch cases is literally ask the person right next to them? Is the America of The Blacklist having a crime shortage or something? They can't figure out anything to do except scratch their asses while hoping Reddington will come around and bless them with some busywork to keep the bean counters away? They have no work to do and they still keep showing up so they can justify collecting a salary? I'm pretty sure number one on the Blacklist is going to be the Reddington Task Force itself!

Jeez, as soon as Mrs. Sutton said Regina Saint, I thought that somehow they were going to tie this show into Snowfall.  

Surprisingly, this was a pretty straightforward case this week.  No mysteries, just a bust and everyone goes home.  Ironically, if this is the case that the auditor looks at, Cooper can point to how the task force works without ever mentioning Reddington.  And it's all due to Mrs. Cooper.

Reddington with the shout out to Johnny Cash!  I thought for a moment later on when he mentioned "the deepest, darkest, hole..." in the same breath as Calcutta that we might get a second sub-reference, but that was too much of an ask.

I agree, there's something behind Dembe's anger.  And, unless there's something way deep about Meera grabbing Siya during the shootout, that story has stumbled.  But now there's three more people who know about the PO Annex.  

• Like 1

Well.  That was duller than dishwater.
What's going to happen next week ? Will Cooper be searching the Penny Saver looking for potential Blacklisters ?

The Blacklister O' the Week was a victim of the dowry scam, so she decides to run a dowry scam too -- that is pretty weak.
I guess the Kings of the Highway were unavailable for Kings of the Highway - Part 2.  

Reddington goes through a series of meetings/maneuvers all to see Weecha again.  Why ?  I barely remembered who she was.

Another episode goes by with no follow up on Ressler's Narcotics Anonymous pal.
On the upside there was no mention of Lizzie.

Siya finds out she was adopted, and her mother let her partner die on an op.   Something that nobody was asking about.
It really is feeling like these last episodes are all just filler.

Still no sign or mention of the dogs, Robert Vesco's cat, or Sierra the cat.

6 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I thought for a moment later on when he mentioned "the deepest, darkest, hole..." 

AKA No greater hive of scum and villainy

• LOL 1

The overarching theme is that good help is hard to find... con men, spies, and bodyguards all get emotionally attached to their marks / clients... so they FAIL..

• Like 1

More filler and no one missed Weecha and why the heck didn't Red just tell Siya in the first place instead of trying to be byzantine about it...

It's pretty bad when your wife has to bring you a case (also, what was up with that bad wig?) to help keep some senator's investigation at bay.

So the blacklister was stealing dowries from unsuspecting immigrant women, having them go through with fake marriages and then worry over the disappearance of their husbands because she got conned out of her dowry herself?  I agree with Dembe, she could have done something helpful to warn or help potential victims instead.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

It's pretty bad when your wife has to bring you a case (also, what was up with that bad wig?) to help keep some senator's investigation at bay.

That wig was cringeworthy awful.  I was embarrassed for her.

47 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

That wig was cringeworthy awful.  I was embarrassed for her.

Mrs. Cooper was wearing a selection from the 2017 Lizzie Keen Collection

• LOL 3
On 5/29/2023 at 6:40 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

What's going to happen next week ? Will Cooper be searching the Penny Saver looking for potential Blacklisters ?

Just pull HR files from CIA and MI6... going to be a boatload of dirty agents...