Type keyword(s) to search

Trippin' With Anthony Anderson And Mama Doris - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Anthony Anderson owes his Mama Doris a lot, as she gave up her own dreams of being an actress to raise him. As a token of his appreciation, he is treating her to the trip of a lifetime – a six-week excursion through England, France and Italy –  to discover some of Europe's wonders for her first time, and to experience a real, cultural vacation filled with history and luxury as they navigate other cultures and their relationship. 

Premieres on June 22, 2023 on E!

• Useful 1

I lasted 15 minutes (mainly because it came on after Modern Family and I haven't quite gotten the hang of Hulu Live yet) and I'm sorry, I would find Mama Doris very irritating in real life.  The whole taking over of the bus ride and then the 10 seconds of the fashion show... I don't have a high tolerance of dealing with people who have to have it all about them, especially when others are actually trying to do their jobs.

• Like 2

Mama Doris, I'm sure there's a lifetime of ambition on display here. No filter, but whatever, there are too many filters on TV.

Anthony, otoh, nope, no, uh-uh, no way, STFU. Insufferable. On every level.

Priceless: the designer's face when Anthony started insisting that his mom get on the catwalk in this designer's clothing. He didn't feel like he could say no, obviously, and scripted somewhat, but ugh. 

I'll watch the Paris episode (hell, I watched episodes of Emily to see Paris, albeit not many). Out after that.

• Like 1