Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: A Last Gift

• Start Topic

Tariq scrambles to get ahead of information that could incriminate the drug organization and jeopardize his family's safety. The feds double down and set their sights on a new target to aid their investigation.

Air Date: May 19, 2023

I have seen the 2 leaked episodes last week. They were claimed to be "fake" but so far it has been accurate.

I have been checking my mail to see if Saxe sent me a letter. So far, nothing. I'll keep checking.

Who mailed the letters to Monet, Jenny and 2-Bit? Must have been Saxe's niece. Did Saxe have different letters in case he was killed in a plane crash or some other way? Seems no matter how he died, Tariq and Tasha were going to burn. 

Tariq taking a swing at Cane was funny. Tariq would never win in a fist fight against Cane. Cane thinks Tariq acts like T'Challa. Ha!

Diana is searching Tariq's room and didn't take the stack of cash under his mattress, but the folder was more intriguing??!!!! The fact that Tariq keeps money under a mattress is confusing.

Brayden can't move out of the way of the SUV approaching and let the door hit him?  I applaud him for going to the hospital on his own and no family members were there to be with him.

Tariq's lying to Tate finally caught up to him and it burns Weston Holdings. 

Saxe's body isn't cold, and the NYPD already determined Theo acted alone and Davis had no part in it. What?!!!!!

See ya! Last of the Castillio family. Your time on the show will not be memorable. Why were they even on the show?  

No cameras on the street to see Dru and Cane pump gas in the building? And he Castillos must have no friends in that neighborhood where Dru can climb to the roof and he and Cane can hook up hose to gas them. That execution took time and the Castillos got no warning from anyone. Good Riddance.

Cane didn't hear Evelyn tell Dru it was Monet. He was not that far from them. Cane may need to get his hearing checked. He couldn't hear shit in Meeca's apartment too.

When did Cane get religious to do the sign of the cross over Evelyn.

Evelyn wasn't out the door for one second and Monet told Cane "They know we killed Gordo". Evelyn could have been eavesdropping by the door. Unreal!

Jenny with her fake tears for Saxe. 

I "almost" felt bad for Papa Weston. Seemed like a beaten man. But it's his company and should have known what was going on.

He unknowingly gave Brayden the final push to go kill Lucas.

Keke escapes with ease. Doesn't seem right. She was so full of herself when she and Lucas confronted Brayden about their scheme. 

Obi "the Dentist" can't get green cards for his family on his own?? He needs Tariq for this task??!!!

I knew Jenny and Blanca had nothing on Effie regarding Lauren's death. They just thought she would flip by holding her. They should be fired.

The last part of Tommy and Tasha appearing was a surprise.

I can't believe Tommy showed up to kill Tasha, just from a letter from Saxe. It's nice for drama but Tommy driving all the way from Chicago like that doesn't make sense for his character. Did he not consider this to be a trap from the Feds??

Yaz running around in the streets at night didn't make sense. These agents can let Lauren escape many times and Yaz just leave unaccompanied with no problem.  And these agents just let Tommy get the drop on them after being warned danger is coming. The worst protective detail in TV history.

Did Estelle not see Tommy at all or the dead bodies when she went out to look for Yaz? Was she covering for Tommy and not tell the Marshals. Wouldn't the agents find 2-Bits car and call him in for questioning or find Yaz sitting in the car? The sequence of events was puzzling. 

Lucas expected the FBI to believe the entire Ponzi was conducted by "intern" Tariq and Brayden under Crash Coin? Hopefully, that knock on the head by hitting the side of the building out some sense in him before he hit the BMW.

Too bad for the owner of the BMW Lucas landed on. 

Brayden prints can be easily lifted from the railing, and he could be easily seen leaving the building but of course the NYPD will miss these clues (like Saxe's murder) and say Lucas killed himself.

Cane Clark Kent in glasses was funny. 

Tamekia is not in law enforcement anymore and can still get agents moving quickly from one call. 

Monet was ready to beat all their asses "Let that bitch go......"

• LOL 2
57 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

I have seen the 2 leaked episodes last week. They were claimed to be "fake" but so far it has been accurate.

Wow! I had no idea!

I'm really starting to wonder why I watch this show. None of it makes any sense.

58 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Who mailed the letters to Monet, Jenny and 2-Bit? Must have been Saxe's niece. Did Saxe have different letters in case he was killed in a plane crash or some other way? Seems no matter how he died, Tariq and Tasha were going to burn. 

We got a surprise visit from Tommy. Are we to assume that Saxe told Tommy where Tasha was just like he told 2-bit?

Those letters confirm what we already knew about Saxe, that he was a little bitch ready to snitch to anyone who would listen.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Diana is searching Tariq's room and didn't take the stack of cash under his mattress, but the folder was more intriguing??!!!! The fact that Tariq keeps money under a mattress is confusing.

I'm sure she wasn't looking for the folder... so what exactly was she looking for? Something that says he's working with the feds? Because she looked like she believed him when he said he wasn't working with the feds, but if she believed him, why would she feel the need to sneak into his room?

Why would Tariq keep that file under his mattress? Why didn't he get rid of it????????? Did he also want insurance on Monet?

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Brayden can't move out of the way of the SUV approaching and let the door hit him?

Stupidest shit ever....

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

See ya! Last of the Castillio family. Your time on the show will not be memorable. Why were they even on the show?  

At least Evelyn got those words in. MONET!!! MONET!!!! IT. WAS. MONET!!!!!

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Evelyn wasn't out the door for one second and Monet told Cane "They know we killed Gordo". Evelyn could have been eavesdropping by the door. Unreal!

What was really unreal was Cane not hearing Evelyn say IT WAS MONET! as she was dying. The only person talking in this quiet room and he didn't hear it?????

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Keke escapes with ease. Doesn't seem right. She was so full of herself when she and Lucas confronted Brayden about their scheme.

And now she scared? I just didn't buy it.

If she was that scared, she should have jumped ship when she found out, and since she had that valuable piece of information, have Uncle Weston give her a GLOWING reference to her next place of work.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

I knew Jenny and Blanca had nothing on Effie regarding Lauren's death.

They do have something on her for Lauren's death... but they have nothing on her for all the other drug stuff and any other deaths. They were trying to leverage Lauren's "death" to flip her to snitch on everyone else. They'd give her some sort of leniency (whatever that looks like) for Lauren if she snitches on the Tejadas and Tariq, the muders, and the whole drug operation.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

The last part of Tommy and Tasha appearing was a surprise.

I can't believe Tommy showed up to kill Tasha, just from a letter from Saxe. It's nice for drama but Tommy driving all the way from Chicago like that doesn't make sense for his character. Did he not consider this to be a trap from the Feds??

Asa much as I appreciated the appearance from Tommy, it just seems a little too convenient.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Yaz running around in the streets at night didn't make sense. These agents can let Lauren escape many times and Yaz just leave unaccompanied with no problem.  And these agents just let Tommy get the drop on them after being warned danger is coming. The worst protective detail in TV history.

The entire law enforcement apparatus in the Power universe is terrible.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Lucas expected the FBI to believe the entire Ponzi was conducted by "intern" Tariq and Brayden under Crash Coin? Hopefully, that knock on the head by hitting the side of the building out some sense in him before he hit the BMW.

No, he didn't expect them to believe that. He wasn't going to pin the Ponzi scheme on Tariq and Brayden. He was going to let Papa Weston and Keke take the heat for the Ponzi scheme and he was going to snitch on Tariq's drug operation if they give him immunity on the Ponzi scheme.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Wow! I had no idea!

I'm really starting to wonder why I watch this show. None of it makes any sense.

Yes. This episode and next week's were leaked on YouTube. 50 and others are blaming Starz for this.

They weren't clean viewing but you can tell what was happening. I think they are still up if you want to see.

40 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

We got a surprise visit from Tommy. Are we to assume that Saxe told Tommy where Tasha was just like he told 2-bit?

Those letters confirm what we already knew about Saxe, that he was a little bitch ready to snitch to anyone who would listen.

Next week, It will be explained how Tommy knew. I will not go further.

Yes. Saxe was wrong for what he did. What if Yaz and Big Momma were killed because of this.

43 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I'm sure she wasn't looking for the folder... so what exactly was she looking for? Something that says he's working with the feds? Because she looked like she believed him when he said he wasn't working with the feds, but if she believed him, why would she feel the need to sneak into his room?

Why would Tariq keep that file under his mattress? Why didn't he get rid of it????????? Did he also want insurance on Monet?

She needed some evidence to bring back to Monet. I guess because it was under the mattress with money it meant it had value. IDK. I did think Tariq was going to burn it when he took it from Davis.

46 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

At least Evelyn got those words in. MONET!!! MONET!!!! IT. WAS. MONET!!!!!

That was her best acting on show. Fantastic performance.

47 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

What was really unreal was Cane not hearing Evelyn say IT WAS MONET! as she was dying. The only person talking in this quiet room and he didn't hear it?????

LOL. The man needs his hearing checked.

48 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

If she was that scared, she should have jumped ship when she found out, and since she had that valuable piece of information, have Uncle Weston give her a GLOWING reference to her next place of work.

I don't either. Then she tells Brayden she is an innocent victim. Lucas used her. And Brayden fell for it.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

They do have something on her for Lauren's death... but they have nothing on her for all the other drug stuff and any other deaths. They were trying to leverage Lauren's "death" to flip her to snitch on everyone else. They'd give her some sort of leniency (whatever that looks like) for Lauren if she snitches on the Tejadas and Tariq, the muders, and the whole drug operation.

They don't have anything on Effie other than Lauren's word. In episode 2, Jenny told Lauren she has "no hard shred of evidence" on Effie trying to kill Lauren. It was just "hope" on their part to arrest Effie and she would break down. They blocked her from calling her lawyer. 

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

Asa much as I appreciated the appearance from Tommy, it just seems a little too convenient.

Way too convenient. Also, if there was a threat, why not just move them out of the house to another location. Tommy would never have found them. It made no sense.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

No, he didn't expect them to believe that. He wasn't going to pin the Ponzi scheme on Tariq and Brayden. He was going to let Papa Weston and Keke take the heat for the Ponzi scheme and he was going to snitch on Tariq's drug operation if they give him immunity on the Ponzi scheme.

You're right. He was going to blame his brother. Lucas got what he deserved.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Next week, It will be explained how Tommy knew. I will not go further.

Yes. Saxe was wrong for what he did. What if Yaz and Big Momma were killed because of this.

My biggest question is why would 2-bit get a letter? 🤣

I'm so confused about that. Why 2-bit? What was so special about 2-bit?

Also, refresh my memory. Why was Tommy going after Tasha in the first place?

1 minute ago, AntFTW said:

My biggest question is why would 2-bit get a letter? 🤣

I'm so confused about that. Why 2-bit? What was so special about 2-bit?

Also, refresh my memory. Why was Tommy going after Tasha ithe first place?

2 Bit is the only side character left from the original. They killed everybody else. I guess these writers think bringing him back for nostalgic purposes would make the fans happy. I don't see it!

In court, Tasha blamed whole operation on Tommy which caused Tommy to fake his death and leave town. That is why Tasha is in witness protection. Since then, Tommy wants to kill her.

(edited)
8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

They don't have anything on Effie other than Lauren's word. In episode 2, Jenny told Lauren she has "no hard shred of evidence" on Effie trying to kill Lauren. It was just "hope" on their part to arrest Effie and she would break down. They blocked her from calling her lawyer.

Then that is the time for Jenny to show how good at "lawyering" she is. Sometimes a prosecutor doesn't dealt the best hand. They have to work with only circumstantial evidence. They knew Lauren was knocked unconscious and placed in the passenger seat. They knew the car was pushed into the river with her inside of this stolen vehicle. The one thing they couldn't do with what they had was put Effie at the scene. Lauren is able to say Effie is the one that knocked her unconscious. If Jenny is as good as a lawyer as she claims to be, then she has enough -with Lauren's testimony- to paint the picture to a grand jury and to a trial jury that Effie is one that attempted to murder Lauren and left Lauren to die. Was Brayden not questioned for Lauren's case? He's clearly a valuable witness. He say Effie knocked Lauren unconscious and also Effie put Lauren in the car.

Edited by AntFTW
20 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Then that is the time for Jenny to show how good at "lawyering" she is. Sometimes a prosecutor doesn't dealt the best hand. They have to work with only circumstantial evidence. They knew Lauren was knocked unconscious and placed in the passenger seat. They knew the car was pushed into the river with her inside of this stolen vehicle. The one thing they couldn't do with what they had was put Effie at the scene. Lauren is able to say Effie is the one that knocked her unconscious. If Jenny is as good as a lawyer as she claims to be, then she has enough -with Lauren's testimony- to paint the picture to a grand jury and to a trial jury that Effie is one that attempted to murder Lauren and left Lauren to die. Was Brayden not questioned for Lauren's case? He's clearly a valuable witness. He say Effie knocked Lauren unconscious and also Effie put Lauren in the car.

When Effie pushed the car in the water, she wasn't wearing gloves and the car didn't fully submerge in the water. I always thought her fingerprints were the only proof they had on her. But it was never brought up. The writers can use Lorenzo's fingerprints ib a plot but use not Effie's in this case. So inconsistent on them.

It would all come down to Lauren's word against Effie's word. Brayden wouldn't be a good witness as he would have to implicate himself holding a gun to Lauren.

Anyway, I won't say anymore. As I have seen how it played out next week.

(edited)
3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

When Effie pushed the car in the water, she wasn't wearing gloves and the car didn't fully submerge in the water. I always thought her fingerprints were the only proof they had on her. But it was never brought up. The writers can use Lorenzo's fingerprints ib a plot but use not Effie's in this case. So inconsistent on them.

It would all come down to Lauren's word against Effie's word. Brayden wouldn't be a good witness as he would have to implicate himself holding a gun to Lauren.

He'd be a good witness for Jenny regardless. He'd be a bad witness for himself and bad for Effie. He can attest to Effie putting Lauren in the car, and can possibly describe the car Effie was in.

...and yes, it is very inconsistent of them. Have they ever been consistent?

3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Anyway, I won't say anymore. As I have seen how it played out next week.

👀 After you said it leaked, I saw it too 😂

I couldn't wait! I'll reserve my comments about that for next week 🤣

Edited by AntFTW
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

...and yes, it is very inconsistent of them. Have they ever been consistent?

Never

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

👀 After you said it leaked, I saw it too 😂

I couldn't wait! I'll reserve my comments about that for next week 🤣

Looking forward to next week. That ending. LOL

On 5/19/2023 at 9:13 AM, mxc90 said:

Yeah- I don’t have any sympathy for Keke. She actively participated in this illegal scheme, knowing if they got caught she would be the one they would pin it all on. From the dialogue, Lucas didn’t pressure or coerce her into this (which would’ve made her more morally ambiguous). Nah- you wanted to feel powerful and equal to this rich white dude you were fucking so you committed a FELONY and threw away everything your parents sacrificed for you. Girl you are not as smart as you think you are. 

Brayden isn’t morally corrupt, but you can’t be half a gangster- which is what everyone keeps telling him. I said to my Mom “please tell me he scanned Lucas’ signature on that confession so that it looks like Lucas signed it and he can take the fall after all??”

On 5/19/2023 at 10:39 AM, AntFTW said:

Keke is scared of getting caught. Not actually committing the crime. It would’ve been better if she had known about it and didn’t actively do anything because she didn’t want to fuck up her career, OR Lucas was blackmailing her. You can’t cry about the crimes you willing choose to commit!

Wasn’t I asking a few weeks ago where Nautri was?? Are they setting up the opening of Power Book IV?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Wasn’t I asking a few weeks ago where Nautri was?? Are they setting up the opening of Power Book IV?

Ooohh! Could be! That would be great! Book IV needs some seasoning.

Have we heard anything about the new season? Release date?

14 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Keke is scared of getting caught. Not actually committing the crime. It would’ve been better if she had known about it and didn’t actively do anything because she didn’t want to fuck up her career, OR Lucas was blackmailing her. You can’t cry about the crimes you willing choose to commit!

She always knew the risks. There was always a risk that they would get caught. I kinda feel like she had to be mentally prepared for that possibility. Why was she not prepared for that? because it seems like she wasn't prepared for it. It's like she's panicking and unprepared over an event that she absolutely knew was a possibility.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Ooohh! Could be! That would be great! Book IV needs some seasoning.

Have we heard anything about the new season? Release date?

She always knew the risks. There was always a risk that they would get caught. I kinda feel like she had to be mentally prepared for that possibility. Why was she not prepared for that? because it seems like she wasn't prepared for it. It's like she's panicking and unprepared over an event that she absolutely knew was a possibility.

Yes we are in agreement. So why is she crying and panicking NOW?? She didn’t have an exit plan?

Power Book IV has finished filming but no air date last I checked. 

On 5/19/2023 at 10:13 AM, mxc90 said:

Monet was ready to beat all their asses "Let that bitch go......"

Loved when Monet was punching her palm as she said it!

Chillllllllle I kept yelling 'OH SNAP!!' when Evelyn told Dru that his mama had his papi killed....everybody had their chance to tell her off.

TOMMY SIGHTING!!  YES!!  Now goddamnit bring on Book IV and stop teasing me!

Brayden is becoming a mini Tommy, whether he likes it or not.

Great eppy.

• Like 1

Cane said Tariq acts like he's T'Challa. Sure, except for the part where Tariq's not dead and a whole nation loved T'Challa.

WTF was Obi doing to that guy? I think at some point torture must result in diminishing returns if the person remains alive.

Taking down Wall Street in behalf of Main Street, Tate? Yeah, no, not in 2023 when Congress members can effectively do insider trading with impunity.

Of course Tariq wanted Brayden to murder his uncle Lucas. Of course. Tariq considers killing family members just the cost of doing business.

TMW you realize your queenpin mother would have no problem killing you. Yikes.

Effie ain't no snitch. Not yet anyway.

TOMMY!???!!! But why were Tasha and Yasmin back in New York? Seems to me WITSEC wouldn't buy into the "hide in plain sight" concept, despite the former TV show.