Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Legacy

• Start Topic

The episode overall gets a

b-sound.jpg

...but the grade the ending gets is:

short-a-sound.jpg

Leave it to this show and its extremely talented group of actors- spearheaded by the soap opera vet Shemar Moore- to make a scene that, in worse hands, could have been tacky, cheesy and overwrought and made it something that is truly joyous, special and magical.

Plus Hondo joking "I still haven't gotten an answer yet" was a nice touch.

If that scene didn't move you and leave you misty-eyed...I'm not sure you have a soul.

Anyway...

As for the episode itself, it was serviceable enough. Street making a joke in the line fire was a great moment, and I'm glad the show didn't go with the obvious and make the DEA guys bad guys like I thought they would.

We also had the entire (main) cast in this one! I don't understand why Tan wasn't in the previous episode, but at least, for the finale, we got the whole gang.

I also thought, despite the show playing well-worn beats, they rang far truer in this episode because we're at the season finale and (most) of the usual rules of plot armour get thrown out the window in this case.

Watching this, I do have to wonder if there were two versions of this episode filmed, with one version being the one we got and the other version to be used if this was going to be the series finale. The amount of times that it was implied that Hondo was going to be a goner makes me wonder if that was going to the plan in case we didn't get a S7.

Which I'm glad we got and I hope that the show won't think to off, well, anyone next season even if it is the final batch of episodes because I believe this show deserves a happy ending. The characters have been through so much (especially Luca, in peril for two straight finales now) that they deserve it.

The only real issue I have with this episode was Marcos, because his heel turn was pretty disappointing. I understand why he did it but it doesn't make it easier to take, because he was much more interesting as the character that stood in between the frontiers of law and gave a rarely seen human element to criminal activity that this show likes to ignore. Here's hoping that Marcos comes back around to that in S7, so that Luca's unbridled faith in the good nature of every person doesn't go for naught.

I'm also hoping that in S7 Zoe will get to meet Thomas and we can have that happy reunion. Man, was Zoe ever magical being doubled-over in happiness and giddiness when Deacon delivered her the good news...I can only imagine how she will be when she sees her son for the first time.

If Anna Enger Richt can bring more that side of Zoe to light, she just may win my heart after all.

On to the final 13 episodes...I can't wait.

• Like 1

I agree this was a good way to wrap the season and would have worked as a series finale as well.  Glad Tim Hutton's character wasn't the bad guy.  Steven Bauer has not aged well.  I know he's been through some stuff but it definitely took a toll.

This show has been pretty consistent in that you don't anticipate that even when one of the team is in jeopardy or injured, you know they'll survive, lol, so there's no real fear.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, milkyaqua said:

This show has been pretty consistent in that you don't anticipate that even when one of the team is in jeopardy or injured, you know they'll survive, lol, so there's no real fear.

I think of that as more of a "it's in the back of my head" thing as opposed to something the show would be expected to do. Yeah, in the midseason of S3 I wouldn't believe for one second that the show would go all the way with a main character in peril, but when it comes to this finale and into the next, final, season (where the show might not worry about audience retention or not having the character for the future, since the show is in its concluding stages), the chances of a main character getting killed goes up.

I mean, the chances go up from 0.00000000001% to maybe 10-20%, which means it's still not likely but it at least could happen. I'm not sure I want it to happen anyway but I'm not ruling out the possibility next season.

They really go all out on the actions and destructions, huh.

This episode is obviously written as a season finale. If this is a series finale, I honestly won’t be satisfied. The ending is sugary sweet but it leaves me wanting more. Only selected characters have been given their end-of-the-season moments - Hondo, Nichelle, Luca and Zoe. Tan only gets one generic line of “you will meet someone”. What about Deacon, Street, Hicks and Alexis? No mention of Rocker, Mumford and Buck either. Annie should’ve been there at baby V’s christening. She’s the big sister to 20-Squad family.

Am I convinced that there’ll be a vast improvement in S7 writing? Nope. But let’s see how the final season plays out and hope everything will come full circle. All the main characters that we’ve grown to love should be cherished in the series finale, not just Hondo and his little family.

Stay focus. Stay liquid. 💪

“We haven’t gotten our renewal order yet and this might be a series finale, so we need to get Shemar Moore shirtless and then in a chopper, stat.”

Street’s leg healed pretty quickly, eh?

Who do I need to beg to to get Chris and Jessica back before this show signs off for good?

Sorry, Red.  We barely met ya.

On 5/19/2023 at 11:12 PM, Danielg342 said:

I'm also hoping that in S7 Zoe will get to meet Thomas and we can have that happy reunion. Man, was Zoe ever magical being doubled-over in happiness and giddiness when Deacon delivered her the good news...I can only imagine how she will be when she sees her son for the first time.

I didn't like this scene, i know it was rushed because it was a minor story point.  But i have a hard time believing someone would hand over someone's confidential contact information to deacon to pass on to someone they never met, had no idea if she's legit.. just saying.